9%
Not For YoU.S.A
31%

Total votes: 32

MrPopo

Re: Together Retro: February 2020 theme poll

Post by MrPopo »

Zero Wing is the obvious choice.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Awesome, awesome list, AJ. It really gives me some ideas for next month. Unfortunately, however, Pocket Bomberman needs to drop off it. That was a GBC launch title in NA that I actually played for last year’s “ready to launch” TR!

I compiled the list by looking at wikipedias full console game lists and filtering the North American release date to 'unreleased'. I guess Pocket Bomberman only came out on original Game Boy in Japan and Europe then. I mean, it could still count, but GB and GBC are practically the same console so I'll take it off the list for now.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

It was hard to me to think of a game for this theme but I might have found it: Heaven's Dawn

A game developed in Taiwan. It was translated to English but only released in Australia.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Point and click fans with PlayStation 2s should definitely look into Glass Rose.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

I've got a few Midas Interactive games to play for this on PS2. Looking forward to it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I just realized that SG-1000 games would work nicely here. Not that I own many........
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I’ll be playing Pop ‘n Twinbee (GB), and I have a copy of Qix Adventure (GB) on its way to me. I’ll probably play those. May also give Vib-Ribbon (PSX) another shot, and I may break out my new Sega Genesis Mini to play some Wily Wars.

For those who haven’t played the yet, I highly recommend Ufouria; The Saga (NES) and Kuru Kuru Kururin (GBA), both of which remain available in the Wii U eShop. Super Fantasy Zone (MD) is also a shmup materpiece, and anyone with a Sega Genesis Mini can play that too.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Thanks for the suggestions prfsnl_gmr!

Ufouria: The Saga looks awesome. I'll definitely get it in the Wii U shop. Kuru Kuru Kururin has an amazing concept, but my oh my does it look stressful as hell. Is it a very difficult game? If not then I'll most definitely consider getting it as well.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Thanks for the suggestions prfsnl_gmr!

Ufouria: The Saga looks awesome. I'll definitely get it in the Wii U shop. Kuru Kuru Kururin has an amazing concept, but my oh my does it look stressful as hell. Is it a very difficult game? If not then I'll most definitely consider getting it as well.

This post is exactly what I was thinking as well.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

TBH...both games get pretty tough by the end. I will give you some pointers for Ufouria if either of you pick it, but the final boss is just plain tough until you learn his pattern (which you could do by watching a YouTube video, if you had too). Kuru Kuru Kururin just takes some getting used to, but once you’re used to it, it’s not that bad. Moreover, you can play it in very short bursts, with levels lasting at most a minute or two and many lasting only a few seconds. I think I was able to get a star (meaning I didn’t hit even one obstacle) in all but a few levels...even if it took me 100+ attempts. Neither game unmanageable...but Kuru Kuru Kururin made me want to throw my controller against a wall occasionally. :lol:
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.