28%
Gotta Play 'em All: Pokémon Series
22%

Total votes: 46

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: December Together Retro Poll

Post by Exhuminator »

nullPointer wrote:Shmups would actually be a great choice for December though since it tends to be a pretty busy month

This is a very good point.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Just over 24 hours left and it's still anyone's game. Well, that's not true; it's certainly not Ultraman's game unless I decide to rig things.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'll have to take a look at what I already own that I can play. I know I have the NES port of Gradius on Switch. So maybe that.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Tons of retro shmups on the Switch right now. Arcade Archives games, Neo Geo games, Psikyo games...

Also, by the end of the month,
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/r ... -ex-switch
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yup, I'm just trying not to spend any money given that the holidays are approaching.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Are Tyrian 2000 and Stargunner still free on GOG? Those are worth looking into for those of you on PC. Raptor: Call of the Shadows is also worth playing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I definitely have options...

Gradius and Twinbee are both on Switch Online. These are good options for me. I haven't played Gradius in years, and I've only dabbled with Twinbee in the past. I don't think I ever played the NES one actually.

Galaga I have on the Namco Museum on Switch. But I mean, I love Galaga and have played it a million times.

Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun and Triggerheart Exelica I have on XBLA. But I've played all these many times. The first two I think are "okay," and Triggerheart rules.

I probably have more games I'm forgetting, too. I don't know if there's any shmups on the Midway Origins collection for instance. But Gradius or Twinbee are probably good picks.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I'm glad most of our TR voters were sensible enough, that we didn't end up playing Pokémon games. The only Pokémon games I'd consider playing would be the 3DS releases, but they're not old enough to be "retro" yet.

Anyway, not sure which shmups I'll play yet, but I'll try to beat at least three. I do love this genre, even if I'm not super great at it.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Ack wrote:Are Tyrian 2000 and Stargunner still free on GOG? Those are worth looking into for those of you on PC. Raptor: Call of the Shadows is also worth playing.

I'm pretty sure they're still free.

My plan is to see if I can finish 1ccing the Compile games I own. I was able to do Blazing Lazers, MUSHA, and Space Megaforce last year, so this year will be Robo Aleste and Spriggan.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.