29%
Comix!
27%

Total votes: 41

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: November Together Retro Poll

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo wrote:I vote you play Chrono Trigger. You probably DO enjoy Majora as much as you remember (it gets unfairly hated on for its different structure).

If you refund me the $30 I paid for Majora's Mask last night, I'll use it to buy a copy of Chrono Trigger. :wink:
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

MrPopo wrote:I vote you play Chrono Trigger. You probably DO enjoy Majora as much as you remember (it gets unfairly hated on for its different structure).

I don't think it's "unfair". I just think some folks don't care for a sidequest-oriented Zelda game. That's the reason I don't care for it as much.

Definitely go for Chrono Trigger if you've never played it. There's a chance it won't live up to the hype (I must confess that I might have contributed to such an atmosphere), but even if you don't love it, it checks all the boxes for a great SNES JRPG. (For me, it's my favorite JRPG of all time.)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

oh you must've missed it on the previous page - I have played Chrono Trigger as well. And actually Chrono Trigger is a lot fresher in my head than Majora's Mask.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, must have. Cool.

Majora's Mask is definitely a polarizing game. I don't think it's bad, but I'm not a fan, either. :?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Only played Majora's Mask once but I enjoyed it for the most part, appreciated how complex and hard the dungeons were... difficulty picking up where Ocarina left off.

But then... only FOUR dungeons? :|

Definitely my biggest issue with it. I want to check out the 3DS version though, really enjoyed finally playing that version of OoT this year.

I usually like the time traveling concept and am interested in some more obscure picks. Going to be playing a bunch of Natsume games this November too though.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Depending on how recent you're willing to go, Radiant Historia on the DS (recently had a 3DS port) is a fantastic time travelling RPG, of the "two timelines you hop back and forth and up and down" type. Lots of rewriting history to suit your needs.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Wow I just found this rather extensive list of games containing elements of time travel via Wikipedia (although to be fair, some of these have only the merest of connections to time travel).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... ime_travel

Lots of options!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Wow a wiki list of all things, haha. Could be useful!

MrPopo wrote:Depending on how recent you're willing to go, Radiant Historia on the DS (recently had a 3DS port) is a fantastic time travelling RPG, of the "two timelines you hop back and forth and up and down" type. Lots of rewriting history to suit your needs.

That definitely looks like a top tier choice for an RPG on the 3DS, been on my radar to check out sometime for sure.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

nullPointer wrote:Wow I just found this rather extensive list of games containing elements of time travel via Wikipedia (although to be fair, some of these have only the merest of connections to time travel).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... ime_travel

Lots of options!

Thank you so much for that!

I had no idea Lost Vikings was on that. I was thinking of playing that fairly soon, so November might be a good month to finally give that game a shot...
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Juat a warning that the list contains a lot of spoilers, so if you're interested in playing something story focused, just read the name of the games and not the descriptions