47%
FMV Games
53%

Total votes: 30

J T
Next-Gen

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Post by J T »

Exhuminator wrote:Yesterday when the poll ended and FMV games won, I was dismayed. So much so that I decided to escape the internet, and just take a walk in the woods behind my house. As I was walking and cursing the name of every FMV game I could recall, suddenly I saw a strange light ahead in a thicket. As I grew nearer, the light revealed itself to be a low resolution grainy holographic image of an old man. He was dressed like Moses, except he had '90s era BOY branded sunglasses on. As he stroked his limited palette colored beard, I was confused.

Oh yeah. I know that guy. Like any FMV proselytizer worth his grainy salt, he was trolling you, and trolling you hard. The 5 games he showed you in that box were some of the dregs of even the dreggiest FMV.

That's how I know the 5 games Exhuminator is going to play are...

My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Just want to let folks know that this is the 25th anniversary for myst! Help celebrate it by playing it and riven next month!! They are both spectacular games that, even if you need a guide, are worth experiencing. I would recommend the universal hint system for them as they will point you in the right direction without blatantly ruining the game for you.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

J T wrote:Riana Rouge

Dude. If he'd given me Riana Rouge, I wouldn't wait until April to play it. :shock:

The games in this box are legit classics. Paragons of the glorious 1990s FMV genre. You'll see!
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

So, I had this premonition about FMV winning for some time. As a result I bought Time Gal. Tested it out, and did not like it atoll. That said, I'll try to give it another shot when the time comes. At least I have something to play now.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Alrighty! I think I have my games for next month picked out. I'm tentatively setting a goal for two of these bad boys. I realize that doesn't sound like a whole lot, but initially I'd like to stick with games consisting primarily of FMV segments rather than games that happen to contain FMV cut scenes of various length. It will be interesting to be sure, but I may be done with FMV for a while after playing the two I've picked. I'm hedging my bets, lol!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

nullPointer wrote:Alrighty! I think I have my games for next month picked out. I'm tentatively setting a goal for two of these bad boys. I realize that doesn't sound like a whole lot, but initially I'd like to stick with games consisting primarily of FMV segments rather than games that happen to contain FMV cut scenes of various length. It will be interesting to be sure, but I may be done with FMV for a while after playing the two I've picked. I'm hedging my bets, lol!

I can't wait to see what you have selected. If you ever want more like the style or if you ended up picking a bad version of that style, I will happily recommend a better choice in the future to try! Can't wait to see though!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Time Gal. Tested it out, and did not like it atoll.

I really wish you would play the arcade version as I did. To say its visual quality far exceeds the SEGA CD port is an understatement. Although the gameplay itself is the same.

-

I'm looking forward to seeing all the FMV games Bogus beats and reviews in April. He seems to be quite the advocate of this genre.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Good luck pulling him away from Sea of Thieves. He's rather addicted.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

marurun wrote:Good luck pulling him away from Sea of Thieves. He's rather addicted.

I came prepared do not you worry! I made a roadmap!

marurun

Post by marurun »

That is good news! I look forward to reading your experiences.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.