Page 2 of 15

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:45 pm
by BogusMeatFactory
nullPointer wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:FMV games ... If you love Mark Hamill, you will love the style.

Oh shit, I can't believe I forgot about Wing Commander! I've never played through any of them though. How essential is it that these games are played in order of release? I'm not sure I want to slug my way through the first two games just to get to the one with Hamill. Is Mark Hamill in any other FMV games?


You don't have to have any previous experience to enjoy 3 and 4. They do a great job of filling you in as you play. Wing commander 1 is a very bare bones story. 2 ramps it up a bunch, but it is easy to know what happened. As for other fmv games with Mark hamil, outside of the last 3 wing commander games... none that I know of outside of some vocal talent.

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:45 pm
by ElkinFencer10
I MADE SOME POLL CHANGES BASED ON COMMUNITY FEEDBACK SO PLEASE REVOTE.

YOU MAY NOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE IT IS CAST

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:09 pm
by Gunstar Green
BogusMeatFactory wrote:
nullPointer wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:FMV games ... If you love Mark Hamill, you will love the style.

Oh shit, I can't believe I forgot about Wing Commander! I've never played through any of them though. How essential is it that these games are played in order of release? I'm not sure I want to slug my way through the first two games just to get to the one with Hamill. Is Mark Hamill in any other FMV games?


You don't have to have any previous experience to enjoy 3 and 4. They do a great job of filling you in as you play. Wing commander 1 is a very bare bones story. 2 ramps it up a bunch, but it is easy to know what happened. As for other fmv games with Mark hamil, outside of the last 3 wing commander games... none that I know of outside of some vocal talent.


Some of the characters carry over but it's a pretty straight forward story. All you really have to understand is in the opening cutscene.

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm
by ESauced
Come on guys, you play Neo Geo games all the time. FMV is an opportunity to explore rarities and a genre you might otherwise ignore (said with a sigh of relief that RTS didn’t win and force me out of my comfort zone).

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm
by J T
Bogus let me know that FMV needed my vote, so I have emerged from the shadows.

FMV! FMV! FMV!

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm
by BogusMeatFactory
J T wrote:Bogus let me know that FMV needed my vote, so I have emerged from the shadows.

FMV! FMV! FMV!


Cue the liquid snake voice, "BROTHER!!!!!!"

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:33 pm
by J T
Let the video be full of MOTION!

FMV! FMV! FMV!

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:27 pm
by marurun
At this point I think it has boiled down to people who really want FMV games and people who really don't want FMV games.

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:29 pm
by BogusMeatFactory
marurun wrote:At this point I think it has boiled down to people who really want FMV games and people who really don't want FMV games.


And boo to them! I'm a believer of going with the flow! If neo geo wins, "Woohoo!" Not as big of a woohoo as FMV, but that's okay! The spirit of together retro is to prop each other up in these styles and genres unfamiliar to us. I'll prop all y'all up if you are scared of FMV! Don't worry!

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:57 pm
by Exhuminator
Image
Image