FMV Games
53%

Total votes: 30

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: APRIL TOGETHER RETRO RUN-OFF VOTE

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

nullPointer wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:FMV games ... If you love Mark Hamill, you will love the style.

Oh shit, I can't believe I forgot about Wing Commander! I've never played through any of them though. How essential is it that these games are played in order of release? I'm not sure I want to slug my way through the first two games just to get to the one with Hamill. Is Mark Hamill in any other FMV games?

You don't have to have any previous experience to enjoy 3 and 4. They do a great job of filling you in as you play. Wing commander 1 is a very bare bones story. 2 ramps it up a bunch, but it is easy to know what happened. As for other fmv games with Mark hamil, outside of the last 3 wing commander games... none that I know of outside of some vocal talent.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I MADE SOME POLL CHANGES BASED ON COMMUNITY FEEDBACK SO PLEASE REVOTE.

YOU MAY NOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE IT IS CAST
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
nullPointer wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:FMV games ... If you love Mark Hamill, you will love the style.

Oh shit, I can't believe I forgot about Wing Commander! I've never played through any of them though. How essential is it that these games are played in order of release? I'm not sure I want to slug my way through the first two games just to get to the one with Hamill. Is Mark Hamill in any other FMV games?

You don't have to have any previous experience to enjoy 3 and 4. They do a great job of filling you in as you play. Wing commander 1 is a very bare bones story. 2 ramps it up a bunch, but it is easy to know what happened. As for other fmv games with Mark hamil, outside of the last 3 wing commander games... none that I know of outside of some vocal talent.

Some of the characters carry over but it's a pretty straight forward story. All you really have to understand is in the opening cutscene.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Come on guys, you play Neo Geo games all the time. FMV is an opportunity to explore rarities and a genre you might otherwise ignore (said with a sigh of relief that RTS didn’t win and force me out of my comfort zone).
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Bogus let me know that FMV needed my vote, so I have emerged from the shadows.

FMV! FMV! FMV!
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

J T wrote:Bogus let me know that FMV needed my vote, so I have emerged from the shadows.

FMV! FMV! FMV!

Cue the liquid snake voice, "BROTHER!!!!!!"
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Let the video be full of MOTION!

FMV! FMV! FMV!
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
marurun

Post by marurun »

At this point I think it has boiled down to people who really want FMV games and people who really don't want FMV games.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

marurun wrote:At this point I think it has boiled down to people who really want FMV games and people who really don't want FMV games.

And boo to them! I'm a believer of going with the flow! If neo geo wins, "Woohoo!" Not as big of a woohoo as FMV, but that's okay! The spirit of together retro is to prop each other up in these styles and genres unfamiliar to us. I'll prop all y'all up if you are scared of FMV! Don't worry!

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

PLAY KING'S FIELD.