Join in on our classic gaming club!
PresidentLeever
128-bit

Re: Together Retro: Eighties' Ladies' Night

by PresidentLeever Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:56 pm

Valkyrie no Densetsu/Legend of Valkyrie (1989) is another good one and it has 2-player co-op, but only in the arcade version IIRC.

ImageImage
Last edited by PresidentLeever on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Exhuminator wrote:That's awesome man. Phantasy Star is my personal all time favorite 8-bit JRPG.

samesies!
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Just saw the comment about Cadash. Want to know if the priest is any good?

She's amazing. Quite possibly the best class in the game. Not only does she have the ability to use a heal spell, but she also has a spell that provides invincibility to a certain number of hits. I'd definitely recommend a run using her.

My favorite 8-bit RPG is either Dragon Quest III or IV; the former is totally eligible for this run. Not only can you be a heroine, but your party can also consist of all females, so I say do it! :)
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
PresidentLeever
128-bit

by PresidentLeever Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Good to know, I remember reading that the ninja was the best and that's how I played the ARC version. Maybe I'll try the PCE version as her some time.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
noiseredux wrote:some of those old laserdisc FMV games have been re-released on DVD or Blu-Ray. I wonder if Time Gal was?

Time Gal exists officially on Arcade, Saturn, Amiga CD32, Mega/Sega CD, Android, Playstation, and MSX (via Sony laserdisc player). Those are all the ports I Know of. Here's a video showing differences between versions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkk5upY75dU

My son has one of those Samsung children’s tablets that runs Android. He doesn’t use it since he got a hand-me-down iPad. I am so tempted to “borrow” it from him and turn it into a dedicated Android gaming device... :twisted:

Also...DQIII is the best 8-bit RPG. If you can play it for this challenge, you should. Phantasy Star is a close second, however, and since it also rules, you should play that too. (Phantasy Star II is pretty awful, IMO, and unless you are dedicated to video game history - like me - you can skip it.)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:16 pm

For starters, I will be playing Jenny of the Prairie (1984) and probably Cave Girl Clair (1985).
BST|Writing|Music
"I hope in the upcoming months you'll find parties which conform to your expectations."
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:18 pm

The best way to play Time Gal nowadays is the original arcade version via the Daphne emulator. But you guys. :|
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:23 pm

If I close on the house I'm about to put together a buyer's counter based on inspection then I'll be doing Cadash late in the month.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:42 pm

I'm going to be playing Phantasy Star this weekend, but my first game (which I'll post about once I write up a little review for it) is going to win Together Retro on Day One.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:59 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm going to be playing Phantasy Star this weekend, but my first game (which I'll post about once I write up a little review for it) is going to win Together Retro on Day One.

OMG!!! I’m not the only one playing Legend of the Ghost Lion?!!! SCREAM!!!!!
Return to Together Retro