Together Retro: Eighties' Ladies' Night

Join in on our classic gaming club!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Eighties' Ladies' Night

Post by dsheinem »

Exhuminator wrote:i].

That's the final tally to the best of my knowledge. If I missed anything, let me know, and I'll fix it.

---

I played through Jenny of the Prairie.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

dsheinem wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:i].

That's the final tally to the best of my knowledge. If I missed anything, let me know, and I'll fix it.

---

I played through Jenny of the Prairie.

OK, I updated the tally for posterity's sake.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Unfinished business is finished.

Final stats... um, did I miss several Attack power ups or are the drops randomized? I was really thorough and thought I explored everywhere.

Area 9's overhead stages were BRUTAL but I should have used those EE's. Overall, I used the Lightsaber for the second half basically and it tore through everything, was easy to cheese some bosses too getting up in their face and just tanking it. The eyeball boss with those huge strings that annihilated your health were the worst, along with two enemies later on in the overhead stages that shot long lasers that did the same chaos to your health (bouncing blue solider guys that look like Blaster Master's final boss).

Overall a great game, though wasn't totally in love with it like some others here. Glad to finish it off though.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I think you got all the Attack Ups. There's just not as many as the Shield powerups. I always wondered if I was missing some when I was younger, too.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Haha, very misleading menu then.

There were some areas at times where I wondered if there was some super hidden secrets. You can accidentally walk into some walls sometimes. And then there was two of these screens, got me scratching my head a bit...

ImageImage

I had to look up that one corridor in Area 8, where you have to equip "No Use" and actually push the button. Don't think any of the blue Lolo guys dropped a hint on that one.