Together Retro: Final Fantasy Spin-Offs

Join in on our classic gaming club!
SpaceBooger

Re: Together Retro: Final Fantasy Spin-Offs

Post by SpaceBooger »

I'm still playing Mystic Quest. I did not finish it, but I do plan to before moving on to another time-consuming game.
I will be playing some arcade and NES games for March's TR so I will still have time to beat MQ.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Final Fantasy Spin-Offs

Post by CFFJR »

I know I'm a day (or two at this point) late, but I just beat Dirge of Cerberus. Took 9 hours and 14 minutes, though the actual "run time" is most certainly longer due to all of the cut scenes.

The game doesn't have the best reputation of course, but I actually quite enjoyed it. The gunplay is pretty fun, even if it sometimes feels a bit clunkier than I would like, and I genuinely enjoyed the story and returning to this world. No it's not spectacular, but I think it's good fun, and when I wasn't playing the game this week, I was often thinking about it, which is always a good sign.

Finishing this was years in the making though. I remember being very excited about the game at the time of release (I always liked Vincent), but I never got around to buying it back then and it just kept getting pushed aside. Glad to have gone through it now.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.