Together Retro 2018

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro 2018

Post by Exhuminator »

MrPopo wrote:If you tasked someone to create the worst controller imaginable they wouldn't be able to approach that.

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
marurun wrote:I think we should also consider co-curatorships, where two individuals of like mind or inclination team up to present their plans for world domination.

I can't picture quite how this would work logistically. It would certainly be hard to get an entire year's worth of material with 2 curators per month - are there even 24 active members here?

Although it would give prfsnl_gmr and I an opportunity to troll the boards with categories like Sears Atari carts and golf games.

Whatever the case, I like the idea of putting new people first. I'd prefer to just be a participant going forward.

I've had a hand in it every year since...well, pretty much since inception. I rember emulating Defender and doing well at the start, only to have my score be trashed by the end of the month. I certainly don't mind if new blood comes in, but I'm also happy to continue to contribute.

Plus, with this new format, I can give you guys more options for pain. We still need more strategy games...
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I'm certainly willing to throw in a month if new folks don't step up to the plate. Just... someone remind me if I get distracted.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I really want to do a month, but I also don't want to commit if there's a chance I'll flake on it. I need to be not just providing topics but participating. So I'm still hemming and hawing for now.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Ack wrote:We still need more strategy games...

YES
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I made a thread for 2019 planning, here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=52455