Together Retro 2018

Join in on our classic gaming club!
MrPopo

Re: Together Retro 2018

Post by MrPopo »

Now that I have been shamed into understanding how calendars work, here's your voting thread!
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Exhuminator wrote:
Also, should we start talking about Together Retro 2019?

I'm up for talking about it if you all are.

me too.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

So, we should ideally let folks who haven't had a turn as curator sign up for the 2019 months (assuming there are 12 people interested)???
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I think that makes sense, although I'd love to have another shot at choosing some themes - my first 4 were thrown together pretty quickly for the new format and now we've learnt a bit more about what does and doesn't work and I've had some more interesting ideas for themes, I'd like to be able to offer up some new options.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

There's probably room for you to go again towards the end of the year, if we want to prioritize new people first.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So, we should ideally let folks who haven't had a turn as curator sign up for the 2019 months (assuming there are 12 people interested)???

MrPopo wrote:There's probably room for you to go again towards the end of the year, if we want to prioritize new people first.

I agree with this.

That said, if we end up with empty curator slots that need filling, I'd be willing to be a curator again if the community so wishes.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I want to curate one! I have been coming up with ideas all year.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think we should also consider co-curatorships, where two individuals of like mind or inclination team up to present their plans for world domination.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

marurun wrote:I think we should also consider co-curatorships, where two individuals of like mind or inclination team up to present their plans for world domination.

Or two people who are completely opposite. Both work. What doesn't work is two people who are similar, but different in key areas.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The key is that both would have to agree to all the topic options, even if they have different perspectives on them. You don't want it split half and half and have one curator be like, "I'm out! You guys didn't pick mine!"
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.