Revamping Together Retro for 2018

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Revamping Together Retro for 2018

Post by Exhuminator »

dunpeal2064 wrote:For example, I have this game with anime chicks all over it that I want to try out, but I have a feeling it might fit Elkin's theme

Let's keep in mind that this is a retro gaming endeavor. As in games that are at least 10 years old. (Not saying you specifically were talking about a modern game, but putting this out there as a PSA message.) So our themes need to remain informed by this primary concept.

dunpeal2064 wrote:I am very excited for this, I think participation will certainly increase

Absolutely. This is the most interested I have been in TR since I joined this site.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:For example, I have this game with anime chicks all over it that I want to try out, but I have a feeling it might fit Elkin's theme

Let's keep in mind that this is a retro gaming endeavor. As in games that are at least 10 years old. (Not saying you specifically were talking about a modern game, but putting this out there as a PSA message.) So our themes need to remain informed by this primary concept.

Divine Sealing. :wink:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so when does everyone think I should post the poll for Feb's themes? And how long should the poll run for?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

noiseredux wrote:so when does everyone think I should post the poll for Feb's themes? And how long should the poll run for?

I think it might be a good idea to start the poll in the first week of January and let it run for a week or so. That way everyone will have a chance to see the poll, mull over the options and then also have time at the end of the month to pick up anything they don't already have that fits into the winning category.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I'd say post it start of the second week of the month and run until the end of the third week (assuming the average 4 week month; adjust accordingly) so that you're not overshadowing the current month in the first week or the last week.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

are we still writing articles for the front page, too, then?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm planning to post the poll this Friday and then let it run until next Friday.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

I just want to say that I am absolutely loving the revamped together retro. I have been coming to this site for a long time and I would always check what game was in together retro but a lot of the time it would be something I didn’t own or wasn’t interested in. Having broader categories is making it both more accessible and more interesting to me. And I am loving the categories that people have picked so far.

P. S. - I have a suggestion for a future category if anyone creating the polls is needing one: Mascot platformers. You could include Mario and Sonic or just limit it to failed mascots. I’m talking about games like Bubsy, Aero the Acrobat, and Blinx the Time Sweeper. Games that were clearly supposed to create a beloved character that failed miserably at gaining people’s attention.