Together Retro: Fantasy Zone

Join in on our classic gaming club!
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Fantasy Zone

Post by strangenova »

Blu wrote:
strangenova wrote:
Blu wrote:Have any of you tried the Sega 3D Classics Collection on 3DS? Fantasy Zone is one you can get on the Nintendo eShop; Fantasy Zone II is on this collection: http://games.sega.com/3dclassics/

Noise, you can play it on the Sonic's Genesis Collection for 360; that's got to be backwards compatible.

It is unfortunately not backwards compatible on the Xbox one. :(

Anyways I tried this one out in the arcade in Yakuza 0. I'm not very good at it, not very good at SHMUPS at all actually.

Brilliant, thanks strangenova. That's how I'll end up playing this one. Just need to go find the Club SEGA that it's in. :)
In Sotenbori, as Majima-San you must build the friendship meter up with the sega arcade employee.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The TurboGrafx/PC Engine version of this game is a fantastic port. Don't miss it!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

Hello, I just discovered together retro and would like to get started! I also stream retro games on twitch (GameCenterJapan) so I'll be sure to include a link/tag/title text about Together Retro as what I'm streaming.

I'll be playing fantasy zone on my genesis via everdrive with the SMS rom.

Good to meet you all.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Hey Tzakiel!

Great to meet you. We'll have to check out your stream sometime. Good luck on Fantasy Zone!

Just a reminder, last day of Together Retro for the month!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

For me the ports go:

TG-16 > Famicom > SMS > NES

I never cared much for the SMS port. Fantasy Zone II and Super Fantasy Zone are both way ahead of the original for me though.

All of the versions are perfectly playable regardless. None of them are real stinkers.