Characters I probably struggle against the most:
Ryu
Elena

How about you?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Street Fighter III

Post by noiseredux »

I absolutely love this game. I'll be playing the PSNow version on my PC. Favorites are Chun-Li of course. But I do like others... Akuma for sure. My (new) PSN ID is noiserdx if anyone wants to do some fightin'.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

This game is my favorite of the series. I own the 360 version, dreamcast, ps2, and now Xbox. Which port to choose from I'll start with the original Xbox.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I am actually pretty terrible at SFIII, because I still don't have the parry system down. I also hate the last boss. Hate him.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Sarge wrote:I am actually pretty terrible at SFIII, because I still don't have the parry system down. I also hate the last boss. Hate him.

+1

His name is something stupid too like Bob....or Gus....or Gill! That Resurrection is one of the cheapest moves in fighting game history. Thankfully, you get endings at Stupid Easy, so it's at least beatable.

Besides that, I own this on the SF Anniversary Collection on the PS2 and it is a really good game. My main shall always be Ryu, but there are some really good characters on here. I like the ability to choose who you fight when going through the story. It adds a little variety and choice in the option.

I never got the Parry down, but it's an interesting system. It's cool when actually done and that means I have to show one of the most infamous fighting game clips of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5peqApgUA
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Love this game. Love the parry. Haven't played it seriously in years. Am probably pretty terrible now. If I get my PS3 hooked back up before the end of the month, however, I will fire it up. (PSN ID = prfsnl_gmr)

Sarge wrote:I am actually pretty terrible at SFIII, because I still don't have the parry system down. I also hate the last boss. Hate him.

I never thought he was that bad...certainly not in comparison to SNK bosses.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

I can half-ass parry stuff. Even though I'm trash at this game, I love it. I play Q, Alex, Dudley, Ryu, and some Hugo.

I always hated Necro and Twelve. For some reason, they give me problems.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

It's that stupid resurrection move. Totally not fair. In a straight-up fight, I can take him, but I haven't quite figured out the secret to keeping it from triggering. Multi-hit moves seem to work to some degree.

Actually, I bet it's related to how much meter he has left when you beat him. I should probably watch out for that from now on.

The game is absolutely beautiful in motion, though. Amazing spritework.

(Speaking of SNK bosses, you ever fight God Rugal in Capcom vs. SNK 2? Oh, boy, is he evil.)
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Resurrection is a super move. If he has a super bar when you K.O. him, he automatically activates it.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Anyone down to play on PSN tonight?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?