Together Retro: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Join in on our classic gaming club!
MrPopo

Re: Together Retro: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Post by MrPopo »

Xeogred wrote:I'm assuming my build just doesn't work well with Critical Strike or something, because I feel like I wasted two good points on it. Power Strike has been consistently way better, even at level 1 compared to level 2 Critical Strike.

As I recall a Critical Strike build is dependent on getting the right weapon attributes. Properly done you can be critting half the time and drop a ton of damage. Personally I found Flurry to be the best attack for my character.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

MrPopo wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I'm assuming my build just doesn't work well with Critical Strike or something, because I feel like I wasted two good points on it. Power Strike has been consistently way better, even at level 1 compared to level 2 Critical Strike.

... Personally I found Flurry to be the best attack for my character.

I was going to suggest this same thing. I think the Flurry line and the corresponding Rapid Shot line are some of the best and most reliable combat feats. Particularly when combined with dual wielders, these feats can be used to devastating effect. My whole combat routine sort of goes like this:

1. Apply any necessary buffs depending on the strength of the enemy (Force Speed, and Force Armor are always good ones for Jedi)
  2. Cast Stasis (If you like Force Power status effects, this one and the Disable/Destroy Droid lines are some of the best IMO)
  3. Flurry and Rapid Shot the ever loving f**k out those poor frozen saps
  4. Repeat steps 2 -3 as necessary (and possibly 1 as well, although combat seldom lasts that long ...)
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Flurry actually rings a bell whenever I see it in the listing, and you guys mentioning it. I have a feeling I used it in KOTOR2 if it was in that one too.

Anyways I'm about 11 hours in and it's been solid stuff. I am having a hard time liking all of the companions so far though haha, but I felt the same about Dragon Age Inquisition and they grew on me after awhile. So who knows.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Gonna hit up Tatooine first after having access to the galaxy map, since I'm so bored of this planet! :lol: , get this one out of the way.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Triple post?

Tatooine wasn't bad! And I got through it fairly fast. Is it okay to skip the minigames like swoop racing or the card game though? Reading the previous posts make it sound like they both kind of flop and aren't very fun. I just don't want to bother if I don't need to.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Manaan is the worst. Tatooine is pretty tame compared to that.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

marurun wrote:Manaan is the worst. Tatooine is pretty tame compared to that.

Manaan is where I am at. The amount of dialog and long pointless side quests are keeping me from picking the game up daily.
I have to just muscle through it.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yikes, I'll work on that one next to get it out of the way then.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Xeogred wrote:Triple post?

Tatooine wasn't bad! And I got through it fairly fast. Is it okay to skip the minigames like swoop racing or the card game though? Reading the previous posts make it sound like they both kind of flop and aren't very fun. I just don't want to bother if I don't need to.

I believe there's a couple of mid tier lightsaber crystals you can win off of pazaak, but otherwise you can skip it. Swoop races you can 100% skip (aside from the forced story one).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

SpaceBooger wrote:
marurun wrote:Manaan is the worst. Tatooine is pretty tame compared to that.

Manaan is where I am at. The amount of dialog and long pointless side quests are keeping me from picking the game up daily.
I have to just muscle through it.

Manaan is freaking dull, and so is Dantooine to a lesser extent. I end up powering through those two early on, sort of like eating the veggies before the steak.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.