Join in on our classic gaming club!

Sports

Poll ended at Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:32 am

NFL Blitz
11
29%
Super Baseball 2020
4
11%
California Games
2
5%
Virtua Tennis
8
21%
Mario Golf
13
34%
 
Total votes : 38
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Sept - Sports

by alienjesus Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:10 am

noiseredux wrote:I'm actually a pretty big fan of golf games. The Mario Golf games are fun, no doubt. But never been at the top of my list. I certainly enjoyed the new 3DS game this year for instance. But honestly, I had more fun with Pangya on PSP in recent years. But whatever, I won't sulk if Mario Golf wins. It's a great series, and I'm always happy to play some golf games. Just feel like some better games are gonna lose because they don't have "Mario" in the title.

EDIT: That last part came out overly harsh. I actually do think that the best choices here are Virtua Tennis, Mario Golf and California Games.


I nominated it because Golf is one of the few sports I can tolerate in game form, and I've heard nothing but good stuff about them. Tennis is one of the few others, and Virtua Tennis would have been my clear second choice.

I'm not with you on California Games though. That game is terrible.
Image
User avatar
Sload Soap
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1860
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:43 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Sept - Sports

by Sload Soap Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:11 am

alienjesus wrote:
I'm not with you on California Games though. That game is terrible.


Yes! We stand united.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37706
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Sept - Sports

by noiseredux Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:13 am

man I haven't played California Games in nearly 20 years, so I have no idea how good it is. I remember there being a hacky sack though. That's pretty funny.
Image
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20592
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Sept - Sports

by Ack Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:53 am

I enjoy tennis games but haven't played too many of them. I have experience with Mario Golf and Blitz and like them both. But I nominated Super Baseball 2020 in the hopes it would appeal to non-sports gamers with its cartoony sprites and robots. Ah well, either way they were all good choices.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Sept - Sports

by alienjesus Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Ack wrote:I enjoy tennis games but haven't played too many of them. I have experience with Mario Golf and Blitz and like them both. But I nominated Super Baseball 2020 in the hopes it would appeal to non-sports gamers with its cartoony sprites and robots. Ah well, either way they were all good choices.


The word 'Baseball' put me right off :lol:
Image
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20592
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Sept - Sports

by Ack Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:41 pm

alienjesus wrote:
Ack wrote:I enjoy tennis games but haven't played too many of them. I have experience with Mario Golf and Blitz and like them both. But I nominated Super Baseball 2020 in the hopes it would appeal to non-sports gamers with its cartoony sprites and robots. Ah well, either way they were all good choices.


The word 'Baseball' put me right off :lol:


Haha, I understand. It is baseball, but there are some interesting changes to the sport that change the game a bit.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6734
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Sept - Sports

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Ack wrote:
alienjesus wrote:
Ack wrote:I enjoy tennis games but haven't played too many of them. I have experience with Mario Golf and Blitz and like them both. But I nominated Super Baseball 2020 in the hopes it would appeal to non-sports gamers with its cartoony sprites and robots. Ah well, either way they were all good choices.


The word 'Baseball' put me right off :lol:


Haha, I understand. It is baseball, but there are some interesting changes to the sport that change the game a bit.


Land Mines in the field definitely do add a nice twist. I started playing Super Baseball 2020 within the last 10 years, long after playing the Mutant League sports series and really find those two to be very comparable. I think that if this community is still running in 5 years that Super Baseball 2020 would be a mandatory play for Together Retro.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Flake
Moderator
 
Posts: 7957
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Sept - Sports

by Flake Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:46 pm

I think there is an issue with the forum software. For some reason the polls say that people have voted for games that were not NFL Blitz.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
User avatar
TSTR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5656
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:55 am
Location: Durham, NC

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Sept - Sports

by TSTR Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Blitz vs. CPU sucks. That game is like MP mandatory.
Return to Together Retro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests