30%
Rainbow Six
27%

Total votes: 33

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: TR 2015 Poll – Mar - FPS

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I still need to beat Rainbow Six; so, my vote has been cast...
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Voted Quake. One of the classics.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

With Quake as a series for the month we could get some really good Quake Live matches going - it is free to play and I am happy to get the $5 for a month sub so that we can setup private matches for all of the RB folks. Beyond that there's lots of great Quake and Quake 2 mods, lots of people who haven't played one of them, etc.

Quake, Quake 2, and Quake 3 would all be played (and I guess Q4 and QW too)? Those first three are just so diverse and important to the evolution of the genre, though :)
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I've been holding off on finishing Hexen because there's a bug in the last released version of Doomsday where the various flags Hexen uses to control your progress through the hub worlds don't get persisted properly when you save and reload. I had to use noclip on the first two hubs and I felt dirty afterwards. It's scheduled to be fixed in the next release by the end of the year.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I still need to beat Rainbow Six; so, my vote has been cast...

Very good series (Lockdown is my fave), but I've played just about all of them, completed Vegas earlier this year too.

Going with the IDs here.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

ExedExes wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:I still need to beat Rainbow Six; so, my vote has been cast...

Very good series (Lockdown is my fave), but I've played just about all of them, completed Vegas earlier this year too.

Going with the IDs here.

Lockdown your favorite? Sweet mine too next to Vegas, I also remember liking 3 on GameCube and praise the N64 version. ;)

On lockdown I liked the slight step down from tactics and overall look of the night vision/ parking garage level for starters.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

TIED UP

someone vote Quake pls
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

TEKTORO wrote:Lockdown your favorite? Sweet mine too next to Vegas, I also remember liking 3 on GameCube and praise the N64 version. ;)

On lockdown I liked the slight step down from tactics and overall look of the night vision/ parking garage level for starters.

I started with 3 (difficult in spots, especially the part where it turns into a stealth game inside that guy's house UGH) but I appreciated the streamlined, more action-oriented approach that Lockdown had. You didn't have to mess with commands as often and I think your team members were a bit more intelligent. Plus as you said, the cool visual effects and the sniper segments were also awesome.

Nice to see a close race here amongst the FPS.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

If either Quake or Hexen wins I'll be able to play them on the N64. Boss.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

dsheinem wrote:With Quake as a series for the month we could get some really good Quake Live matches going - it is free to play and I am happy to get the $5 for a month sub so that we can setup private matches for all of the RB folks. Beyond that there's lots of great Quake and Quake 2 mods, lots of people who haven't played one of them, etc.

Quake, Quake 2, and Quake 3 would all be played (and I guess Q4 and QW too)? Those first three are just so diverse and important to the evolution of the genre, though :)

I am so down for some Quake Live once I'm back where the internet is good. 8)

Quake 1 also remains one of my favorite FPS games. I've played all these options so I'm obviously picking the one I like most. :P
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.