Grandia
36%

Total votes: 42

TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: TR 2015 Poll - Jan - RPG

Post by TSTR »

ExedExes wrote:
noiseredux wrote:so much nostalgia for Dragon "Warrior" as it was my first RPG. Like many of you I'm guessing, I got it free w/ the strategy guide when my mom subscribed to Nintendo Power for me back in the day.

It's such an awesome early console JRPG. And there's many many ports of the game. I think it's perfect for TR.

I actually got after reading the insert from the Nov/Dec 89 Nintendo Power (my first issue), It was my first RPG. I completed it at level 21.

yeah but did you talk about sex, in a car, getting high for the first time, on the way to the mall while dooing it?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Funny, regardless of the outcome I was actually planning on playing all three next year. Voted Grandia as it's the one I'm most interested in discussing with you folks.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

TSTR wrote:yeah but did you talk about sex, in a car, getting high for the first time, on the way to the mall while dooing it?

*checks*

Nope. :lol:

Go Dragon Warrior goooooooooooooooo
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

ExedExes wrote:
noiseredux wrote:so much nostalgia for Dragon "Warrior" as it was my first RPG. Like many of you I'm guessing, I got it free w/ the strategy guide when my mom subscribed to Nintendo Power for me back in the day.

It's such an awesome early console JRPG. And there's many many ports of the game. I think it's perfect for TR.

I actually got after reading the insert from the Nov/Dec 89 Nintendo Power (my first issue), It was my first RPG. I completed it at level 21.

I still have that insert! Love all the Westernized artwork haha. Dragon Warrior kicks ass. Though it's not my first choice I will eagerly play it if it's picked.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I still have that insert! Love all the Westernized artwork haha. Dragon Warrior kicks ass. Though it's not my first choice I will eagerly play it if it's picked.

It had everything one would need like myself to fully understand not only DW, but RPGs in general. The westernized "hero" going to the town, fighting off green blobs with his club, and all that fun stuff. Plus, the cover was pretty creepy.

Still got mine too, barely hanging on.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I've beaten Wild Arms and thought it forgettable and mediocre, and Dragon Quest 1 seems boring and hard to find in the UK (only the uncommon GB port) so I voted Grandia. Heard nothing but good things about that one.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

I voted Grandia but I'll go for DW too since I have both(though grandia on vita since I can't afford that game and still be able to get a ton of other games in a month like I'd like....and still wish they'd put the others on psn or at least that they'd get cheaper). I meant to finish grandia because it was really intriguing(I think I may drop the trying to beat all my older backlog games first next year if I can help it just so I can beat some others I'd rather play like these two)

edit: I take that back on grandia cost, I think I must of been looking at a different game in the series...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Ahem, Mr. Darsparx, I believe you have another RPG to finish. A certain Fantasy of the Final type, no?
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

TSTR wrote:Ahem, Mr. Darsparx, I believe you have another RPG to finish. A certain Fantasy of the Final type, no?

Oh shush I can't do so right now :| (gotta buy another charger for the vita and just do that version since i lost my psp somehow....which is pissing me off since it was in my jacket buttoned up I thought but I can't seem to find it...)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I hope your PSP didn't end up in the washing machine; that would suck.