Together Retro: I Have No Mouth... & The Typing of the Dead

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Ghudda
128-bit

Re: Together Retro: I Have No Mouth... & The Typing of the D

Post by Ghudda »

Wow, I Have No Mouth has me extremely intrigued. I'm definitely going to have to play through it. Though I imagine the ultimate version of the game is via Steam, the PC physical box release w/ the mouse pad + other goods looks awesome.
Opa Opa wrote:You guys can't play IHNM without the official 3D mousepad. It's a lessened experience.

Exactly.

Perhaps i'll give this some play time on steam later this weekend.

Edit:
Fragems wrote:For those who haven't picked up I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream it's currently in a pretty decent bundle over at bundlestars.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/ ... ve-bundle/

You, sir, are the man.
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Played some more Typing of the Dead... it's really not a game with much replay value once the novelty wears off. Apparently I *had* beaten it before because in "Original Mode" I only earned two coins. I'm not totally sure if these coins really matter for anything but I guess I can now play Chapter 6 right away?

My desire to "complete" this game evaporated once I realized it means replaying levels over and over again until I do REALLY WELL to get EVERY SINGLE COIN in original. Plus the "final exam" in drill mode is kind of a pain. You have to destroy 100 zombies without taking damage: I failed with something like 25 zombies to go. :/

Also that Smilebit logo fills me with a sort of sad nostalgia. They were responsible for some top-notch games. I have so much love for Jet Set Radio/Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta; it's too bad they aren't an entity anymore.

Finally I want to share two cosplay photos I took at Connecticon back in 2011:

Ghudda
128-bit

Post by Ghudda »

Nemoide wrote:Finally I want to share two cosplay photos I took at Connecticon back in 2011:

Nice. A buddy and I are thinking about cosplaying as James and Gary, specifically from Typing of the Dead, for Pax South this year. Is that you in the pictures or just a random dude?
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Some random dude!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

that's amazing cosplay, haha.
Ghudda
128-bit

Post by Ghudda »

Nemoide wrote:Some random dude!

There's a pretty awesome instructables guide on building a Typing of the Dead costume that ends up looking pretty legit.

The main frame for the pack:

The whole guide:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Typing- ... /?ALLSTEPS
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

^holy shit. :shock:
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Nemoide wrote:Played some more Typing of the Dead... it's really not a game with much replay value once the novelty wears off. Apparently I *had* beaten it before because in "Original Mode" I only earned two coins. I'm not totally sure if these coins really matter for anything but I guess I can now play Chapter 6 right away?

My desire to "complete" this game evaporated once I realized it means replaying levels over and over again until I do REALLY WELL to get EVERY SINGLE COIN in original.

I got all 30. It's not difficult until you get to Chapter 6. You'll get the permanent Golden Hands item with unlimited use in Original mode.

Other reward levels -

5 Coins: 5 Lives avaliable in the Options menu
10 Coins: Start with 2 Molotov Cocktails in each level of Original Mode
15 Coins: 9 Continues avaliable in the Options menu
20 Coins: Chapter 6: Original Sin available
25 Coins: Free Play (in Arcade mode)
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Finished Typing of the Dead Overkill. Some of the words in the dictionary are really a stretch to pull off quickly on the keyboard.

I kinda wish they hadn't actually given us the last boss fight; when they did that missing reel thing and then the two of them wrapping things up it was an amazing violation of expectations. Then they gave us a boss fight (which turns out to be trivial when you realize that mash the keyboard really does mean mash the keyboard) and lessened the impact.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Started up I Have No Mouth, WTF. I thought I had played this before but I haven't and it's messed up.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.