Together Retro: I Have No Mouth... & The Typing of the Dead

Join in on our classic gaming club!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: I Have No Mouth... & The Typing of the D

Post by ExedExes »

Good walkthrough here, and it has screenshots to help you along too.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

IHNM is completed. Just brute forced through the rest of the game.

Got the ending where I refused to hand over the Entropy item to AM and ended up sparing the remaining humans on Luna with the character living in the computer overseeing all that will happen in the future. To me that was probably the best ending.

All in all a pretty decent P&C adventure. Enjoyed this one.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Started up I Have No Mouth and did Gorrister and Ellen's quests. It's certainly not as esoteric as a King's Quest game but it still bugs me in point and clicks how regimented things are. I spent too long pouring water on the anubis and reprogramming the ROM chip before I realised I just had to click on the sarcophagus and then insert the chip.

Otherwise I like the creepy vibe it gives off. AM's voice is what I imagine #Gamergate would sound like if it could talk. Terrifying. :shock:
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Slightly late but I beat the game. I got what this game considers to be the good ending...eventually. It took being vapourized a few times to get to that point.

This is one of those games where I enjoy the story and setting over the actual gameplay. I liked the creepy vibe and the adult themes (minus Ellen's story which has some questionable subtext) but I don't really like the rigid nature of point and click games so much. I find them to be like the Phoenix Wright games: you know what to do and have the means to do it but the game makes you jump through hoops to actually let you do it.

For a 1995 DOS game though it's very impressive from a lot of perspectives and the art design is fantastic. I liked Gorrister and Nimdok's stories the best, though they were all interesting. It's a surprisingly human game even if it does deal with some very dark and heavy themes. And AM is a tremendous enemy, extremely malevolent but also somewhat pitiable. It reaches for and alludes to greater works of fiction and I think it mostly pulls it off.

Great game for halloween but not for everyone.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Yeah, I slacked on these. Tried, but never finished.