Together Retro: D&D Tower of Doom & Shadow Over Mystara

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: D&D Tower of Doom & Shadow Over Mystara

Post by Exhuminator »

I love both of these games, they are my most favorite arcade games ever. My greatest MAME memory is playing Shadow over Mystara on a 100" projection screen with three other people. Twas four player co-op bliss.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Played them both again the other night as Greldon the Cleric -- didn't even make it out of the first stage(s) with him on a credit. Pass!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

ExedExes wrote:Played them both again the other night as Greldon the Cleric -- didn't even make it out of the first stage(s) with him on a credit. Pass!

I was gonna say, read a guide to learn all the different types of moves you can do. You can block attacks, slide and do a lot of various other moves that aren't laid out plainly. I suggest giving it another shot with that in mind as it does make the game a lot easier.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I've played these game to death with my girlfriend. Beat 'em ups are our go-to multiplayer genre and the D&D titles are high on the list of favorites.

My first experience with these games was at Disney World as a teenager. Yes I was in Disney World and me and my friends were busy being enthralled by Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara. :lol:
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I was gonna say, read a guide to learn all the different types of moves you can do. You can block attacks, slide and do a lot of various other moves that aren't laid out plainly. I suggest giving it another shot with that in mind as it does make the game a lot easier.

Yeah, I tried with the Dwarf again on both games, and also soundly got my butt handed to me early on. I did figure out how to block, however. Whoever can 1cc these games as mentioned earlier in this thread must know a lot of good secrets to doing the same with shmups too :lol: I'm getting to the point where I'll probably have to credit feed to see past stage 1 or 2.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Yeah, I had another go at Tower of Doom yesterday as the dwarf. I was doing OK for a while, managed to get to the boss of stage 3 on 4 credits. After that though it got nuts and I'd used well over 20 by the end of the game. I don't understand how to play this at all.

Also, is it just me or does the difficulty not chnage at all in 1 player? It seemed like I fought the same number of opponents with the same health as in 2 player mode.

I should try and get 4 player on the go sometime.