Together Retro: D&D Tower of Doom & Shadow Over Mystara

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Purkeynator
64-bit

Re: Together Retro: D&D Tower of Doom & Shadow Over Mystara

Post by Purkeynator »

cha cha wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:If someone maintained a 1-credit board that would be legit.

I hated the PS3 port. Hated. Menu is a mess, screen is scrunched, colors are washy. Yuk.

I'll be playing CPS2 and will plan to put in some runs tonight.

Is the PSN port different from the XBL? Are either of them different from the NTSC-J physical release the games for PS3? I have bought none of them, due to owning several versions already and not having any time for online anyways (at the time they dropped).

Yeah the Japanese physical version is supposed to be better than the digital download because it was created by the original developer from what I remember reading. Not sure what the differences are, though I do have the physical copy of the game if anyone wants to play co-op. I hope the Japanese text doesn't make the game difficult to understand.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

As long as you already knew how to play beforehand, I don't see the japanese text being an issue. If you are new to it, I suggest playing through the US version a few times to get a hang of it and the 'story' elements.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Purkeynator wrote:Yeah the Japanese physical version is supposed to be better than the digital download because it was created by the original developer from what I remember reading.

Chronicles of Mystara HD on PSN, XBLA, eShop and Steam are all the same, at least that was what my research for this month's article revealed. Kenji Kataoka, the director for Shadow Over Mystara, was directly involved in the remake's development, and offered many original art and design assets as unlockables in the game.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

ExedExes wrote:
Purkeynator wrote:Yeah the Japanese physical version is supposed to be better than the digital download because it was created by the original developer from what I remember reading.

Chronicles of Mystara HD on PSN, XBLA, eShop and Steam are all the same, at least that was what my research for this month's article revealed. Kenji Kataoka, the director for Shadow Over Mystara, was directly involved in the remake's development, and offered many original art and design assets as unlockables in the game.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43757
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

I quarter feed (kept continuing) through Tower of Doom on the PS3.
Normally I don't mind quarter feeding, but this game makes me want to be more careful and take my time causing me to get mad every time I needed 2 continues (or more) to beat a boss. The last two main bosses were rough. The elf was harder than the last boss.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The last boss telegraphs pretty hard, so once you learn the tells he's not so bad.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

I played the XBLA port with ninjainspandex a few months back. Hit me up if you want to make a 360 run. :D
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I picked this up way back in January on Wii U eshop, and haven't played it yet. Up for online multiplayer once I'm back home next week!
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

If anyone wants to get a PS3 online game going, I'd be up for that.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I prefer this one co-op, but only have CPS2 if someone wants to come over.

Put in a solo run and only made it to stage 3 (well, I got to the buy stuff shop twice, not sure if they are stages or not really).