Together Retro: D&D Tower of Doom & Shadow Over Mystara

Join in on our classic gaming club!
cha cha
128-bit

Re: Together Retro: D&D Tower of Doom & Shadow Over Mystara

Post by cha cha »

I've been kinda waiting to jump in on one of these, and why not for 2 of my favorite games of all time? :lol:

I have a wealth of knowledge on the games, but wouldn't really know where to begin spouting off about them?

Guess, I'll set aside some time to 1cc them and share my thoughts after a playthrough :mrgreen:
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

cha cha wrote:to 1cc them

:shock:
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

dsheinem wrote:
cha cha wrote:to 1cc them

:shock:

After watching a couple boss rush videos and learning the quickest ways to beat the game, 1ccing it comes down to knowing how to play beatemups. I have done it a couple times, but I can do it on 2 or 3 credits in Mame now. I need to beat the steam version, and might have to train to get to cha chas level again.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Do we post vids/ screenshots of us playing and what not?

Does anyone wanna purchase/play one of the online versions together? (Nin Eshop/PSN/XBL)

fun fact: I have the Portuguese board (Brazilian version) for Shadows... it was cheap, that's why :lol:
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

If someone maintained a 1-credit board that would be legit.

I hated the PS3 port. Hated. Menu is a mess, screen is scrunched, colors are washy. Yuk.

I'll be playing CPS2 and will plan to put in some runs tonight.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

cha cha wrote:Do we post vids/ screenshots of us playing and what not?

Does anyone wanna purchase/play one of the online versions together? (Nin Eshop/PSN/XBL)

fun fact: I have the Portuguese board (Brazilian version) for Shadows... it was cheap, that's why :lol:

I have the game on both Steam and XBLA, would be down for either. If it was a PS+ game at some point I suppose I have that too.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

1cc-ing the game isn't that crazy, since you can block. There is a huge plethora of moves your characters can do that can also help you get out of trouble, like sliding, shield charging etc. The only problem is the boss fights and if you just know the patterns and how to avoid them, you should be good to go.

Protip

Keep some fire handy when fighting the troll boss in Tower of Doom. You have to use it when their health is depleted to keep them dead, otherwise get ready for round 2.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

mjmjr25 wrote:If someone maintained a 1-credit board that would be legit.

I hated the PS3 port. Hated. Menu is a mess, screen is scrunched, colors are washy. Yuk.

I'll be playing CPS2 and will plan to put in some runs tonight.

Is the PSN port different from the XBL? Are either of them different from the NTSC-J physical release the games for PS3? I have bought none of them, due to owning several versions already and not having any time for online anyways (at the time they dropped).

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

This totally snuck up on me. All of my games are packed away in boxes. :shock: Definitely need to rectify this situation soon so I can play this + Ys III. I've played these games in the arcade and on MAME, but I specifically bought the PS3 compilation just for this month.