Together Retro: Psychonauts

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Psychonauts

Post by noiseredux »

The crazy janitor in the hut said he would give me a boat after i earned a merit badge from a counselor. I went off looking for a counselor for 30 mins, couldn't find one and played XCOM instead.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Have you completed Agent Nein's "advanced training"? You must go to the Geodesic thingy that looks like a playground and get to the lab that is hidden inside (Punch the door where you can hear a kid crying). The second stange is inside, just open your inventory and place the button in the hatch to get in.

After you beat that stage, Agent Nein gives you a shooting badge and you can get into the boat to meet the female agent.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

"Have you seen... bear in woods?" :lol:

This game is awesome.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

General_Norris wrote:Have you completed Agent Nein's "advanced training"? You must go to the Geodesic thingy that looks like a playground and get to the lab that is hidden inside (Punch the door where you can hear a kid crying). The second stange is inside, just open your inventory and place the button in the hatch to get in.

After you beat that stage, Agent Nein gives you a shooting badge and you can get into the boat to meet the female agent.

THIS is what I needed to know. Thank you!
Crynox
16-bit

Post by Crynox »

noiseredux wrote:
General_Norris wrote:Have you completed Agent Nein's "advanced training"? You must go to the Geodesic thingy that looks like a playground and get to the lab that is hidden inside (Punch the door where you can hear a kid crying). The second stange is inside, just open your inventory and place the button in the hatch to get in.

THIS is what I needed to know. Thank you!

Double thanks, I was exactly where Noise was at the boathouse without a clue. Gonna play tm night now, no time nightshift is looming..
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

After that, keep bugging Agent Nein until he tells you to go meet the female agent whose name I can't remember because she's a great levitator.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I actually beat this game years ago on PC, and I thought it was a really cool game until I got to the final level. The final level was so horrid it ruined my experience, after finishing it I swore I would never play Psychonauts again. WTF were they thinking. :roll:

You have been warned.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Exhuminator wrote:I actually beat this game years ago on PC, and I thought it was a really cool game until I got to the final level. The final level was so horrid it ruined my experience, after finishing it I swore I would never play Psychonauts again. WTF were they thinking. :roll:

You have been warned.

They were thinking, "Hey! Let's make a level where you utilize all the skills you have learned and place them in an environment under pressure." However, you do not make a vertical tube for a final level. After replaying the game, and thoroughly enjoying it, the final level, although an egregious offense to level design, is not as impossible or as infuriating as the first time.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Duane Dibbley
128-bit

Post by Duane Dibbley »

Supposedly, the recent Steam updates made the Meat Circus easier. I never played the original version, but the new one still seemed pretty frustrating to me.
My games for sale: Racketboy, Amazon, eBay
My systems: NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube (Game Boy Player), Wii / Game & Watch: Ball, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), Nintendo DSi / Genesis (Sega CD, 32X), Saturn / Game Gear / PlayStation, PlayStation 2 / Xbox / Mac (Windows PC) / iPhone, iPad
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Got through a lot this morning and only have Fred Napoleon left in the asylum, though I seem to remember his level being one of the longest, if not the longest, levels.

I really like this game, but damn some of the jumping is choppy. There was a section of swinging bars in the theatre level and I swear Raz kept leaping through the first bar. Annoying. As was having to scoop up 800 arrowheads for the vacuum. Combat is kind of limited as well. Some of the larger censors don't react to your melee attack so you nearly always take a hit and it's way too easy just to stand back and blast them with the psi-beam. The bosses are good though.

As an aside, has anyone else encountered the glitch on the Milkman level with the sub-boss or is it an xbox thing?