Join in on our classic gaming club!
User avatar
Violent By Design
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1627
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by Violent By Design Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:22 pm

I thought Mule was a weird addition, it didn't seem like too many people were on board for it.
User avatar
ExedExes
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7334
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 pm
Location: HI-POINT AREA

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by ExedExes Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:13 pm

This one should have more widespread appeal.

When I played this for the first time, I could hardly believe something this cool hit the Neo Geo. This particular MVS unit I played it on (I believe it was a 2-slot) also had KOF 98 at the time, and it would take a game like ST to successfully pull me away from that. Of course, then the cab eventually got Prehistoric Isle 2, and the cycle began anew :lol:
Image
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
User avatar
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4573
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Hartland Wisconsin

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by ninjainspandex Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:59 am

I'm in for this for sure. I ended up with an extra MVS copy of ST when I bought my cab, so if anyone wants to buy it hit me up I just want what I paid for it.
Image
User avatar
pierrot
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:54 am
Location: Banned

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by pierrot Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Violent By Design wrote:I thought Mule was a weird addition, it didn't seem like too many people were on board for it.

I was actually playing Planet MULE last month, and I liked it. I just didn't have much to say about it other than that playing in training mode, with all the computer characters having three times as much time for actions because they're robots, is infuriating.
Image
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20864
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by Ack Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Fast and I also played M.U.L.E. a bit, though other concerns in life popped up. I hardly logged on to Racketboy for several weeks.

That said, what is Shock Troopers? And why did we pick it? Do I even own anything that runs this properly? Who's idea was this? Why don't we play good games? Why don't we play games that I want to play? Why won't anyone listen to me? This game sucks! It is way too dated! Why would anyone want to play an old game like this?

This is what you sound like. And this is why TR is a pain in the ass.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Ack wrote:Fast and I also played M.U.L.E. a bit, though other concerns in life popped up. I hardly logged on to Racketboy for several weeks.

That said, what is Shock Troopers? And why did we pick it? Do I even own anything that runs this properly? Who's idea was this? Why don't we play good games? Why don't we play games that I want to play? Why won't anyone listen to me? This game sucks! It is way too dated! Why would anyone want to play an old game like this?

This is what you sound like. And this is why TR is a pain in the ass.


Everything sucks in this world except me!

In all seriousness, if people don't want to play the game, then they shouldn't be taking part in it. I wasn't interested in M.U.L.E. so I didn't play it and take part, nor was I mad about it. I think people should just relax and enjoy and focus on the warm happy feelings and not on the "right" or "wrong" choice.

On topic with Shock Troopers, gonna play more tonight. Do people play solo mode or in team mode where you can switch your characters on the fly? I am curious to know.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37868
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by noiseredux Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:49 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:In all seriousness, if people don't want to play the game, then they shouldn't be taking part in it. I wasn't interested in M.U.L.E. so I didn't play it and take part, nor was I mad about it. I think people should just relax and enjoy and focus on the warm happy feelings and not on the "right" or "wrong" choice.


this is exactly what happened. Which is why I made the joke. The MULE thread was basically just Exed playing MULE by himself because nobody else showed up to play it.

I'm not really sure what the "pain in the ass" was that Ack was referring to honestly. Nobody bitched about it after it was picked. But pretty much nobody played it either. Shrug.
Image
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8177
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by alienjesus Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Ack wrote:Fast and I also played M.U.L.E. a bit, though other concerns in life popped up. I hardly logged on to Racketboy for several weeks.

That said, what is Shock Troopers? And why did we pick it? Do I even own anything that runs this properly? Who's idea was this? Why don't we play good games? Why don't we play games that I want to play? Why won't anyone listen to me? This game sucks! It is way too dated! Why would anyone want to play an old game like this?

This is what you sound like. And this is why TR is a pain in the ass.



I think you've missed the point. I wasn't angry about the game choice, if people want to play a game for Together Retro, fine by me.

The issue I have is that we got a fairly hefty number of people vote to play the game in March, but seemingly, at best, 3 people who actually played the game. Why did people even bother to vote for a game they weren't interested in playing?

But hey, my opinion here is clearly not appreciated, so fuck it. If thats the angle you think I'm going for here, then whatever, I'm just being a troll. I'm going to play some Shock Troopers and not worry about it, because all it does is get peoples backs up.
Image
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 18903
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:54 pm

I've been a LONLY WOLF so far.

I didn't know about the character-switching mode until recently, I ignored it because I thought it was a 2-player mode.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37868
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Shock Troopers

by noiseredux Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:08 pm

alienjesus wrote:The issue I have is that we got a fairly hefty number of people vote to play the game in March, but seemingly, at best, 3 people who actually played the game. Why did people even bother to vote for a game they weren't interested in playing?


I agree completely.

But hey, my opinion here is clearly not appreciated,


It is by me. You've always been one of the most active monthly participants in TR.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:On topic with Shock Troopers, gonna play more tonight. Do people play solo mode or in team mode where you can switch your characters on the fly? I am curious to know.


I've only played Lone Wolf so far myself. Seems less complicated maybe? At least easier to try to get to know one character at a time.
Image
Return to Together Retro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests