Together Retro: Lemmings

Join in on our classic gaming club!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Lemmings

Post by ExedExes »

Mayhem levels complete! Looks like they decided to have the 80-man version of We All Fall Down one last time. Plus, that same damn 1 minute 100% level twice? I think DMA is a bunch of sadists, which helped when they released the GTA series.

But, I am not done.

I am going all in and I'll be attempting the 5 Sunsoft levels on the SNES port, not found anywhere else! These are supposed to be the toughest levels ever!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Good luck!

I have never seen those SNES levels - might have to check 'em out someday. Heard they were pretty brutal.

If I was a true masochist like you I suppose I could play my Game Gear port of Lemmings. :lol:
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:If I was a true masochist like you I suppose I could play my Game Gear port of Lemmings. :lol:

Aw, it's not so bad of a game. I still prefer Mac (despite Wiki saying it wasn't released here in the States on a Mac, I remember playing it on one), but I think I will want to eventually get the Amiga version. But until then, there's nothing inherently wrong with relaxing in bed with my Game Gear, plugged into the wall, playing that wonderful little redone ditty.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Wait some Wiki says that about the Mac? I grew up playing the Mac version - still my favorite. Wish I still had it (and a Mac computer to play it on).
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Because I figured I didn't inflict enough pain on myself through this month, I went and finished the Sunsoft levels on the SNES port. Five extra levels that require precision and timing.

The first level wasn't all that bad, but the other 4 sure were. The 2nd level one gave 2 minutes to save 80%, but you need about 25-30 diggers making a progressive staircase to reach the end of the level. I managed only 87%, but this guy on YouTube got a full 100%.

The bonus is a nice little ending showing the Lemmings putting the various game "props" across a stage with the credits roll.

Not since the Lolo series have I seen more difficult puzzles than I have this year. This brings TR 2013 to a close, and I played all of the community's choices this year. Thanks for the fun!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.