Together Retro: PaRappa The Rapper

Join in on our classic gaming club!
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: PaRappa The Rapper

Post by CFFJR »

AppleQueso wrote:
alienjesus wrote:
noiseredux wrote:crap, when I heard it was on PSN, I figured I'd just download. But turns out the PSN version is PSP/Vita only. :(

Huh, that's really odd.

There was an official PSP port/remake, and the PSN version is probably a download of that.

Don't know why the original version isn't on PSOne classics, after all, UmJammer Lammy is there...

I saw this myself last night. I assumed it was because they can charge more for the psp version.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I played PaRappa the Rappa on that demo disc when I first got my playstation, but I was always awful. Maybe it's time to give this game another shot.
Rokogu
24-bit

Post by Rokogu »

samsonlonghair wrote:I played PaRappa the Rappa on that demo disc when I first got my playstation, but I was always awful. Maybe it's time to give this game another shot.

Same here, I remember playing it on a demo disc at my cousin's house when we were kids and i sucked so much at the game, but now I really wanna get it and be a part of the Together Retro club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CFFJR wrote:I saw this myself last night. I assumed it was because they can charge more for the psp version.

yeah I'm kind of bummed. I was looking forward to revisiting this game for $6 when I thought it was on PSN as a PSOne Classic, but eh, not really into the idea of paying the $25+ it usually goes for to get a physical copy on PS1.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Started playing this last night...stuck on the second stage. This game has the same issue that I had with Space Channel 5. I feel like my inputs are just a bit off from the beat and rhythm. If I wait just a fraction of a second after, it tends to work right, but if I do it right on it seems to miss.

I completed this game a loooong time ago and both it and its sequel had the same issue. It takes some time to get use to that, but I love the game none the less.

The rhythm in Parappa is a little off. It takes a while to get used to it
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Started playing this last night...stuck on the second stage. This game has the same issue that I had with Space Channel 5. I feel like my inputs are just a bit off from the beat and rhythm. If I wait just a fraction of a second after, it tends to work right, but if I do it right on it seems to miss.

I completed this game a loooong time ago and both it and its sequel had the same issue. It takes some time to get use to that, but I love the game none the less.

I'm having the same issue. The game doesn't like to make clear what "rappin' good" actually constitutes. I'll give it another bash or too though. The music is really catchy.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Do you know why we stopped the car? DO YOU!!!!??? DO YOU!!!???
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

You,
forgot,
to lock,
the door.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

noiseredux wrote:
CFFJR wrote:I saw this myself last night. I assumed it was because they can charge more for the psp version.

yeah I'm kind of bummed. I was looking forward to revisiting this game for $6 when I thought it was on PSN as a PSOne Classic, but eh, not really into the idea of paying the $25+ it usually goes for to get a physical copy on PS1.

Same here man. I'm really debating if I want to buy it at that price. If it were say, $15, I'd go for it.

What's funny (maybe obnoxious would be more accurate) is a hard copy of the psp version is very affordable on ebay. Its cheaper than the psn version at under 10 bucks.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
shwisha
32-bit

Post by shwisha »

I played the heck out of the demo of this game back in the day but never got the full version until about a year ago. It's been sitting on my shelf since I got it and this seems as good of an excuse as any to play it.
Tecmo Pro - My Tecmo Super Bowl Blog.