Together Retro: Road Rash

Join in on our classic gaming club!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

Post by ExedExes »

So I am back on the first RR. Completed the Level 3 series of races. Upgraded to the red Ferruchi bike. I learned early on it's good to procure a club from one of the bottom feeders. Almost close to the yellow Panda bike. The courses are getting 12-15 miles for each now. Almost done!
Last edited by ExedExes on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

So I tried out Road Rash 2, and wow this game has aged really well. The graphics, music, physics, all still hold up. This game was really ahead of its time.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I really like the PC game which is essentially the 3DO one but nicer. It's my absolute favorite version.

Of the Genesis games I usually go back to Road Rash 2. I didn't like the graphical changes in 3.

But the original Road Rash is near and dear to my heart. It was before the series got too goofy and the gameplay still feels great.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Made it to level 5, and I now have the Diablo 1000. This should be it, hopefully.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Completed the first RR. Not much of an ending, saying I was just a RR vet, and the Level 5 course stats are cleared and you get to do them again. Will start on RR 2 tomorrow.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Played a little bit of Road Rash 2 last night. It's been so long since I last played any Road Rash game, whether via emulator or Sega Channel. Got 3rd place in the first race, which is pretty good considering that I got plastered by about three or four cars.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I just had a nice hour long discussion with Dan Geisler, one of the lead designers of the original Road Rash trilogy. It'll be posted as the next podcast soon :)
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

dsheinem wrote:I just had a nice hour long discussion with Dan Geisler, one of the lead designers of the original Road Rash trilogy. It'll be posted as the next podcast soon :)

Nice, there was some talk of him wanting to do a new RR game.

Started up RR2, and I still say this is probably the best game of the series. The menu is less clunky, the bottom half of the screen is clearer and easier to follow, many more bikes to buy, the new chain weapon, the courses are easier on the eyes with not so many hills where the turns come up, and you can attack the cops. It's just better.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I played Flatout recently and even though I was disappointed with the game, it started a craving for Racing Games. What was the first game I played? Road Rash, obviously.

This is my first time playing a Road Rash title and it made a good impression. The controls feel good, the tracks are lengthy but not boring, and punching bitches is always fun. :D
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Road Rash 2 progress - on Level 4 now. Bike is Kamikaze 1000 (green). It seems to be that this game is a little more relaxed in terms of difficulty. It helps the races pay more in this game. You don't NEED to have the absolute best to get 1st place, even if you have a mid-range bike you can clear level 2 and 3 pretty easy. But I'm pretty much one away from that Diablo yet again, so I want a good bike with plenty of power. I wouldn't waste time on those Nitro class bikes as they each have only a limited amount of bursts and they don't even increase your speed all that much, they'd only be good from getting those tailgaters off your back.

I also found out holding Up + C in RR2 holds your punch or kick until you're ready to release it. If you have a chain, you continually swing it. USEFUL.