Join in on our classic gaming club!
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23019
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Together Retro: Road Rash

by dsheinem Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:46 am

Who's playing? What port?

I've never spent time with anything but the Genesis and Game Gear ports myself, but for this month I am interested in checking out the Game Boy one also. Anyone planning to play other entries in the series as well?

http://www.racketboy.com/together-retro ... -road-rash
AppleQueso
 

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

by AppleQueso Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:00 am

I've heard very good things about the 3DO version, so anyone with a 3DO should check that one out.
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23019
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

by dsheinem Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:05 am

AppleQueso wrote:I've heard very good things about the 3DO version, so anyone with a 3DO should check that one out.


That's not the original game. This is the problem with naming reboots with the same title (see also: Tomb Raider (2013)). You can play Road Rash 3DO, of course - but it isn't the game of focus for the month.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38049
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

by noiseredux Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:06 am

I have it on Saturn which I believe is also the remake?
Image
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23019
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

by dsheinem Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:08 am

noiseredux wrote:I have it on Saturn which I believe is also the remake?


not a remake
AppleQueso
 

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

by AppleQueso Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:12 am

dsheinem wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:I've heard very good things about the 3DO version, so anyone with a 3DO should check that one out.


That's not the original game. This is the problem with naming reboots with the same title (see also: Tomb Raider (2013)). You can play Road Rash 3DO, of course - but it isn't the game of focus for the month.


Sorry, thought this was more generally about the whole series as opposed to just the first game. :oops:

Road Rash 3DO isn't a remake, nor is it the original game, you're right. I'm pretty sure the Saturn one is a port of the 3DO one though, and IIRC the 3DO one is considered superior.

I have the Genesis version, so that'll probably be the one I play.
User avatar
Luke
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21077
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

by Luke Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:14 am

Early to the party. Beat Road Rash on the Genesis not too long ago.
AppleQueso
 

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

by AppleQueso Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:15 am

Luke wrote:Early to the party. Beat Road Rash on the Genesis not too long ago.

Could always use this as an excuse to fire up one of the sequels.
User avatar
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9207
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: Denver CO, USA

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

by RyaNtheSlayA Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:32 am

Sure I'll play.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
User avatar
emwearz
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4671
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Together Retro: Road Rash

by emwearz Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:47 am

I have never played the original. Is it in a compilation disc, or was it included in any of the later version of the game?
Return to Together Retro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest