Together Retro: Bubble Bobble

Join in on our classic gaming club!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Bubble Bobble

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Blu wrote:Anyone playing this on the Taito Legends disc? I'll either go pick up that, or just get it off the Virtual Console.

I have it on PS2 and Xbox, so my fiancée and I will probably play it together one on of those, depending on if we're lazing about in bed (PS2) or in the living room (Xbox).
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Nice, I'll probably hop on this soon.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Just played it on the cab for a bit. That's the first time I ever spent more than 5 minutes with it...

How difficult is it to "beat" the arcade version of the game? Is this something that is a pretty reasonable 1CC proposition (e.g. most fighting games), something that's tough but doable as a 1CC (e.g. most shmups) or something that there's no shame in credit feeding (e.g. the Metal Slug series)?

I must say, I have basically no idea what is going on. I also think I like Snow Bros. much more.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

dsheinem wrote:I also think I like Snow Bros. much more.

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

o.pwuaioc wrote:

:lol:

You know I'm right, though.

Toaplan > Taito
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

dsheinem wrote:Just played it on the cab for a bit. That's the first time I ever spent more than 5 minutes with it...

How difficult is it to "beat" the arcade version of the game? Is this something that is a pretty reasonable 1CC proposition (e.g. most fighting games), something that's tough but doable as a 1CC (e.g. most shmups) or something that there's no shame in credit feeding (e.g. the Metal Slug series)?

I must say, I have basically no idea what is going on. I also think I like Snow Bros. much more.

There's 100 levels, but if you know what you're doing, in addition to the extends the game gives you, it's doable if you're a pro. The settings in Taito Legends do not let you continue, nor is it an option you can freely change. The game just ends. In MAME I'm sure you can credit feed it, and I'd say there's absolutely no shame in doing that.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

o.pwuaioc wrote:

The Door
Let Me Show You It? :lol:

Snow Bros was pretty fun. The NES port was reasonably good, and so is Snow Bros 2. Toaplan -- nuff said!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
#Red#
16-bit

Post by #Red# »

The Genesis port of snowbros isn't bad either from what I hear

it's the most unique
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:Just played it on the cab for a bit. That's the first time I ever spent more than 5 minutes with it...

well, I've played thru it before (like 15 yrs ago) in co-op on NES. I assume we used continues. Playing it now, I'm making it to around level 15 using 3 continues. And there's what? 100 levels?

...so yeah. I don't know how easy a 1cc is unless you're spending HOURS memorizing levels.

EDIT: You really think "Most" shmups are "doable" as a 1cc? Perhaps I've met someone more optimistic than even myself? :lol:
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Yea I was meaning more towards Rainbow Islands for the 1cc. Bubble bobble would be insane. :shock:
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.