racketboy
Site Admin

Together Retro: Bomberman '94

by racketboy Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:35 am

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Bomberman '94

by noiseredux Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:39 am

awesome. I was thinking about nabbing one of the online enabled games like Bomberman Live so that we could get a Racketparty going online sometime this month. Anyone interested?
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:55 am

noiseredux wrote:awesome. I was thinking about nabbing one of the online enabled games like Bomberman Live so that we could get a Racketparty going online sometime this month. Anyone interested?

I would be interested. Are you referring to the 360, PS3 or some flash game?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:56 am

Bomberman Live is the 360 game. There were similar online games with different names made for PSN and Wii's VC as well.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 am

I'll remember this month as the month I almost was able to do the writeup but I missed out by 5-10 minutes. I enjoy doing the shmup writeups over on that thread :? To be able to do one for the big-time TR month would be awesome, I love doing the research and bringing out the unknown facts.

So yeah I'll probably grab the PCE and the Gen ports and play through both to see what's different. The writeup doesn't mention that Westone (of Wonder Boy fame) ported it over to the Gen, but it does mention that Factor 5 almost had that honor. Imagine that graphical style from Turrican in a Bomberman title :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 pm

noiseredux wrote:Bomberman Live is the 360 game.

Bought it. That's one thing I like about xbox live. I can view my account and purchase games using a browser on the PC. Too bad you can't do this with PSN.

I generally can play after 9pm EDT.

UncivilSpade01 is my tag.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:35 pm

yeah I love browsing the marketplace on PC as well. I was about to download it too, but I did a quick eBay search and found sealed copies of the Bomberman Live / Lumines Live / Geometry Wars compilation disc were going for $10 shipped (same price as Bomberman-only download I believe?). So I ordered that instead. So go ahead and send me a friend request on XBL (noiseredux) and I'll be ready to play in a few days. Oh, and if anyone else wants a copy of the compilation release there's still several copies here:

EDIT: post deleted. Disc version of Bomberman Live apparently forces you to buy and download the XBLA version.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:43 pm

noiseredux wrote:but I did a quick eBay search and found sealed copies of the Bomberman Live / Lumines Live / Geometry Wars compilation disc were going for $10 shipped (same price as Bomberman-only download I believe?). So I ordered that instead. So go ahead and send me a friend request on XBL (noiseredux) and I'll be ready to play in a few days. Oh, and if anyone else wants a copy of the compilation release there's still several copies here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBOX-360-LIVE-A ... 6rk%3D1%26

That's a good deal. Oh well, I wished I searched a little bit.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 pm

noiseredux wrote:yeah I love browsing the marketplace on PC as well. I was about to download it too, but I did a quick eBay search and found sealed copies of the Bomberman Live / Lumines Live / Geometry Wars compilation disc were going for $10 shipped (same price as Bomberman-only download I believe?). So I ordered that instead. So go ahead and send me a friend request on XBL (noiseredux) and I'll be ready to play in a few days. Oh, and if anyone else wants a copy of the compilation release there's still several copies here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBOX-360-LIVE-A ... 6rk%3D1%26

Whoa! Good find. And this is region free?

YOUR BUY 3 GAMES IN 1 BEST PRICE AND BEST DEAL YOU WILL SAVE $$$
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:25 pm

retrosportsgamer wrote:Whoa! Good find. And this is region free?

uh. I figured it was US. GameFAQs only lists a US version of this collection being released.

(though now I see that the text in the eBay picture is not English... but it looks like a stock photo doesn't it?)
Return to Together Retro