Together Retro: Command & Conquer

Join in on our classic gaming club!
MrPopo

Re: Together Retro: Command & Conquer

Post by MrPopo »

There are some pretty nasty flaws in the AI that let you trivialize the original. If you play like intended it's a lot of fun.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I may go with the NOD then, I tend to like that style of play.Instead of brute force grunt tactics at a slower pace,Id prefer quick agile, setup for the kill,hit n run type strategy.

Either way great balance.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Won't get a start for another week unfortunately. I may freshen up my RTS clicking skills with some Company of Heroes this weekend though.

In the meantime, I've also been listening to the soundtrack for C&C. It's that nice mix of CD quality and very retro sounding music. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RUTIgTqRuM

Makes you feel like a badass general too. 8)
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I'll be trying this on PS1, the way I played it as a kid. I know it's not the best version, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. And if I hate the controls, I can go download that thar pc version.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Completed GDI mission 3 today. Had to reload from a save point quite a few times and put the airstrike at the right spot while an engineer sneaks in and takes the construction yard for more $ :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

just tried to install the GDI disc... was told it's not compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows?
dtrack
24-bit

Post by dtrack »

Never played RTS but C&C came bundled with my N64 purchase and it was surprisingly fun. I have to admit it was largely because of the german language version :D
There were FMVs and a lot of audio (not midi). And it has a slightly 3D-ish graphics - the game uses the memory expansion and looks + sounds decent. If i ever going to play C&C again it'll be definitely the N64 version in english.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

I'm going to join you guys later this month, just started playing 2 new games with a 3rd one down the line (Diablo 3, yeah!), and I don't want to overdo it, I'll wait until I beat one of two of these before jumping on C&C.

I'll actually be opening my still sealed First Decade copy that I bought last year for 6€ but never played until now :D

@noiseredux, hope there's a way around that, I'm running x64 too :?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:just tried to install the GDI disc... was told it's not compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows?

http://www.cncworld.org/?page=features/tutorials/tdfree

There is a download for 64 bit PCs here. Hope it helps.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Played 3 missions last night, got the hang of the concept startin to digg it now.
I'll have to look through the manual for further details.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.