Together Retro: Ys I

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Ys I

Post by Nemoide »

I hooked up my Master System and decided to restart this game. I'm just at the beginning - level 2 with the basic sword/armor/shield.

I've had it for years but never beaten it - I got up to the final area and basically said "I don't want to spend forever going through this giant tower" and just stopped playing. It's a lot of fun though.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I have the PSP Chronicles I will boot up to play. Gives me an excuse to open it! lol
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I had trouble at the first boss as well,so I decided to grind and buy the best armor that I could.If you do get stuck on tough enemies or bosses simply try to level up.I didnt tackle the first boss till I was level 7 and it only took 1 hit or 2 to kill him.

Right now Im trying to get back to Barbados Port,but cant find it?
Someone wanna clue me in to whats it near town wise :D

As for being level 7,I grinded right outside the shrine for about 2-3 hours and in turn had enough money to buy the best armor.(although better items/armor can be found).

So wheres Barbados Port again?
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
elabit
24-bit

Post by elabit »

You guys really want to play the Turbo version of the game. It has the best music which is a major part of the series.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So far I really like this. I got to the second "boss" in the first shrine, but died and stupidly had forgotten to save for about 30 minutes or so. I'm only 2 hours in on the game clock, but probably closer to 3 or 3.5 in real time since you can die so abruptly.

Save often, folks.

I am playing the PSP port and all the music options seem good. I quite like the take on combat (much more than I though I would) and plowing through enemies is extremely rewarding and fun. So far I quite like this :)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:I am playing the PSP port and all the music options seem good. I quite like the take on combat (much more than I though I would) and plowing through enemies is extremely rewarding and fun. So far I quite like this :)

same -- I thought the combat would suck, but it's actually so fun and fast... hey where is the game clock anyway? I didn't see where it told me how long I've been playing. Oh and I did restart on Normal BTW.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I am playing the PSP port and all the music options seem good. I quite like the take on combat (much more than I though I would) and plowing through enemies is extremely rewarding and fun. So far I quite like this :)

same -- I thought the combat would suck, but it's actually so fun and fast... hey where is the game clock anyway? I didn't see where it told me how long I've been playing. Oh and I did restart on Normal BTW.

You can see it when you load a file.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

elabit wrote:You guys really want to play the Turbo version of the game. It has the best music which is a major part of the series.

The PSP version, you can choose the music from the PCE version, if you want. Personally I thought the PSP version of the music was pretty sweet too.

EDIT: Also, I am willing to loan this to someone if you pay shipping. Kinda weird, but there it is.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Damnit! Now I have to decide if I have the time to come out of retirement to play this.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Just found out my Turbo CD copy is in my PO Box... but I can't get there because of a snowstorm!

I'll join you guys on Monday. :o