Together Retro: Soul Calibur

Join in on our classic gaming club!
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

Post by swiftzx »

I traded my DC port a while back so in the meanwhile, I will probably play SC 2 on the 'Cube. Can anyone confirm if SC 1 on XBLA have online multiplayer?
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
Flake

Post by Flake »

swiftzx wrote:I traded my DC port a while back so in the meanwhile, I will probably play SC 2 on the 'Cube. Can anyone confirm if SC 1 on XBLA have online multiplayer?

As far as my research went (I have no 360) it does not have online multi.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Ack

Post by Ack »

GameMasterGuy wrote:So do you go for knocking them out of the stadium or what?

For a run like that, yes, lots of ring outs. But Xianghua is one of the characters that can keep an opponent down, by repeatedly connecting with specific kinds of moves. For instance, she has a jumping kick which will instantly knock an opponent to the ground if it connects, and can almost always be easily followed by a couple of low kicks. Gauge your distance accurately, and the instant the opponent tries to get back up, connect again with her kick to drive them back down. Rinse and repeat.

It's cheap, but it's not as bad as what can be done with Sophitia. One of my friends managed to perfect her juggles, to the point that if he hit with one launcher, he could continuously juggle the opponent to death without them ever touching the ground again. Sophitia is disgusting once the player has reached that level of mastery. Lizardman has a similar moveset in Soul Calibur, but I don't believe he is as effective in that regard.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Flake wrote:
swiftzx wrote:I traded my DC port a while back so in the meanwhile, I will probably play SC 2 on the 'Cube. Can anyone confirm if SC 1 on XBLA have online multiplayer?

As far as my research went (I have no 360) it does not have online multi.

Yep no online,which kinda hurts me from playing the rest of the month.
Now if I had a buddy to compete against then that would be a different story.I really like how fluid the gameplay is,just to repetitive alone (as any fighter would be).
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

TEKTORO wrote:Yep no online,which kinda hurts me from playing the rest of the month.
Now if I had a buddy to compete against then that would be a different story.I really like how fluid the gameplay is,just to repetitive alone (as any fighter would be).

yeah like I said earlier, I've come to realize I only like SoulCalibur when I'm playing against humans.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Well Im not totally out yet,I have 7 out of 12 achievements that I can get for the sake of TR.

cant wait for next months RPG Y's I,
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Well, I might be out of this for the month already. My copy keeps crashing on me during loading screens, particularly on arcade mode. It also keeps on refusing to read. I'll clean it up sometime and see how it goes, but I'm not optimistic - it seems it's common for my dreamcast games to stop working. I thought it could be the laser, but some of my games work perfectly allof the time. On the other hand, the ones that don't seem to be in quite nice condition, with no obvious scratches. It's very annoying.

Anyway, my best time up until then was 3 mins, 46 seconds with Taki.
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

Started a bit of Soul Caliber on Dreamcast today. It's pretty good IMO, and I'm not a big fighting game kinda guy. I beat arcade mode with Mitsurugi today, and I plan to play more throughout the month. I think I like SC2 more, but I like this one more than SC3. On a side note, I totally forgot how loud my Dreamcast was. I haven't played it since I got it and SC is basically my first game for it.
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
Flake

Post by Flake »

SwooshBear wrote:On a side note, I totally forgot how loud my Dreamcast was. I haven't played it since I got it and SC is basically my first game for it.

You are not hearing noise. You are realizing greatness.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Flake wrote:
SwooshBear wrote:On a side note, I totally forgot how loud my Dreamcast was. I haven't played it since I got it and SC is basically my first game for it.

You are not hearing noise. You are realizing greatness.

Greatness and a heads up for random battles -- it predicts the future with its sound!

(see: D2 & Skies of Arcadia)

-- I'll get to SC soon! I hope my DC gets in this week
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.