Join in on our classic gaming club!
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by foxhound1022 Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:48 pm

I usually pick Siegfried/Nightmare as my heavy hitter. I've never had too much success with the sword and shield combo; except for Link. Lizardman is the only one I'm half decent with.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Probably going to sound like a noob for asking this, but what exactly do soul charges (both punches + kick) do? In some missions, they seem to grant me an ability until I get hit again; under normal circumstances, do they just increase your next attack? Increase your attack until you get hit? Activate special moves you couldn't access before? Or is it basically a taunt?
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm

GameMasterGuy wrote:Probably going to sound like a noob for asking this, but what exactly do soul charges (both punches + kick) do? In some missions, they seem to grant me an ability until I get hit again; under normal circumstances, do they just increase your next attack? Increase your attack until you get hit? Activate special moves you couldn't access before? Or is it basically a taunt?

They make every attack work like a counter until you get hit. Counters do more damage. Normally a counter is when you hit an enemy whilst they're about to attack. If you hit and a yellow flash pops up, its a normal attack. red flashes are counters. I just read that from some in game text.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Yeah, I skip half of that. Thanks for the answer!
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:08 pm

So, my current fastest time is 4:44:34. I've only played arcade mode twice though.

Is anyone else playing mission mode? Where have they got to? I've just beaten inferno for the first time. I've mainly been using Xianghua atm.

I've unlocked 2 secret characters so far too, Hwang and Yoshimitsu. I hope I don't have to wait too long to unlock Seung Mina.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

by foxhound1022 Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:34 am

Was home sick from work today, and unlocked all characters again, and beat all mission battles again. Goddamn cheap-ass Taki. I hate her.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Beat the game with each character today,half way through xbla achievements and quickest Arcade finish was 2 min 24 sec.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

by AznKhmerBoi Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast is by far my favorite, and still holds up even compared to their HD counterparts.
Not to mention the Dreamcast controller is just perfect for this game.

DsLite Wii 3DS PS3fatYLOD GenesisModel1 SegaSaturnDreamcast SNES NES Ps1 N64 WiiU "black" PS4
NintendoSwitch(GreyCons)GBA SP 101 (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (Blue) (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (LimeGreen) (Spongbob Model)Xbox One (OriginalFatRelease)

PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

foxhound1022
Next-Gen

by foxhound1022 Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:25 pm

In the words of Eric Cartman, “This is the age of Sega Dreamcast!” I've beaten Arcade mode with 8 characters. Quickest playthrough: 3 min. 42 sec.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:27 am

alienjesus wrote:So, my current fastest time is 4:44:34. I've only played arcade mode twice though.

Is anyone else playing mission mode? Where have they got to? I've just beaten inferno for the first time. I've mainly been using Xianghua atm.

I've unlocked 2 secret characters so far too, Hwang and Yoshimitsu. I hope I don't have to wait too long to unlock Seung Mina.

You unlock more by using the original characters and completing Arcade Mode with every one of them, I believe.

Still waiting on my replacement DC -- I'll be playing this soon hopefully!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Return to Together Retro