Join in on our classic gaming club!
User avatar
KDub
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by KDub Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:16 am

Anybody have a go to character for Soul Calibur? I always tend to use Mitsurugi

You'll be in hell...before me!
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8200
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by alienjesus Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 am

I know in the second game I liked Raphael, Voldo and Seung Mina. I'm pretty sure Raphael was new in 2 though right? I'm not sure about Voldo, but Seung Mina is at least in the first iirc.
Image
User avatar
ExedExes
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7334
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 pm
Location: HI-POINT AREA

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by ExedExes Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:59 am

KDub wrote:Anybody have a go to character for Soul Calibur? I always tend to use Mitsurugi

You'll be in hell...before me!


My go to is Maxi, carried over from Li Long in the Soul Edge days. Sometimes I'll switch to Mitsu also.

alienjesus wrote:I know in the second game I liked Raphael, Voldo and Seung Mina. I'm pretty sure Raphael was new in 2 though right? I'm not sure about Voldo, but Seung Mina is at least in the first iirc.


Never saw Raphael in the first, so that must be from SC2. Voldo and Seung Mina were both in SC1 and also in Soul Edge.
Image
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38049
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Sophitia is my favorite.
Image
User avatar
ExedExes
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7334
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 pm
Location: HI-POINT AREA

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by ExedExes Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:02 pm

I also enjoy using ROCK from time to time. BAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNGUUUUUUUUUUUUUL!
Image
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38049
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:03 pm

I used Casandra a bit in IV... which installment does she start in?
Image
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8200
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by alienjesus Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:06 pm

noiseredux wrote:I used Casandra a bit in IV... which installment does she start in?


I think she first appeared in SC2. Her sister Sophitia has been in it from the first game though afaik.
Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38049
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm

alienjesus wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I used Casandra a bit in IV... which installment does she start in?


I think she first appeared in SC2. Her sister Sophitia has been in it from the first game though afaik.


yeah Sophitia is who I main, and she's in the first game (which I beat last night). :D
Image
User avatar
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by samsonlonghair Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:44 pm

I usually play as Link in Soul Calibur II for Gamecube. I think that Link was the initial reason I wanted to play this game. Namco knows that cameo characters draw new players into the franchise. That's the reason why they made Vader a playable character. how many Star Wars nerds are now fans of Soul Calibur? They surely drew in at least one Zelda fan.

For this month's TR, I'm going to re-play Soul Calibur II as all the other characters. Link was fun, but now it's time to try something new. This could be a way to breath new life into an old game. Let's all give up our favorite "crutch" characters whose move sets we've memorized. It's time to move into unfamiliar territory. This could be Lots of fun.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38049
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:For this month's TR, I'm going to re-play Soul Calibur II as all the other characters. Link was fun, but now it's time to try something new. This could be a way to breath new life into an old game. Let's all give up our favorite "crutch" characters whose move sets we've memorized. It's time to move into unfamiliar territory. This could be Lots of fun.


good idea. After I play through them with Sophitia, I'll then plan to branch out and try a bunch of other characters.
Image
Return to Together Retro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests