Re: Together Retro: Soul Calibur

by KDub Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:16 am

Anybody have a go to character for Soul Calibur? I always tend to use Mitsurugi

You'll be in hell...before me!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:54 am

I know in the second game I liked Raphael, Voldo and Seung Mina. I'm pretty sure Raphael was new in 2 though right? I'm not sure about Voldo, but Seung Mina is at least in the first iirc.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:59 am

KDub wrote:Anybody have a go to character for Soul Calibur? I always tend to use Mitsurugi

You'll be in hell...before me!

My go to is Maxi, carried over from Li Long in the Soul Edge days. Sometimes I'll switch to Mitsu also.

alienjesus wrote:I know in the second game I liked Raphael, Voldo and Seung Mina. I'm pretty sure Raphael was new in 2 though right? I'm not sure about Voldo, but Seung Mina is at least in the first iirc.

Never saw Raphael in the first, so that must be from SC2. Voldo and Seung Mina were both in SC1 and also in Soul Edge.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Sophitia is my favorite.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:02 pm

I also enjoy using ROCK from time to time. BAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNGUUUUUUUUUUUUUL!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:03 pm

I used Casandra a bit in IV... which installment does she start in?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:06 pm

noiseredux wrote:I used Casandra a bit in IV... which installment does she start in?

I think she first appeared in SC2. Her sister Sophitia has been in it from the first game though afaik.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm

alienjesus wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I used Casandra a bit in IV... which installment does she start in?

I think she first appeared in SC2. Her sister Sophitia has been in it from the first game though afaik.

yeah Sophitia is who I main, and she's in the first game (which I beat last night). :D
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:44 pm

I usually play as Link in Soul Calibur II for Gamecube. I think that Link was the initial reason I wanted to play this game. Namco knows that cameo characters draw new players into the franchise. That's the reason why they made Vader a playable character. how many Star Wars nerds are now fans of Soul Calibur? They surely drew in at least one Zelda fan.

For this month's TR, I'm going to re-play Soul Calibur II as all the other characters. Link was fun, but now it's time to try something new. This could be a way to breath new life into an old game. Let's all give up our favorite "crutch" characters whose move sets we've memorized. It's time to move into unfamiliar territory. This could be Lots of fun.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:For this month's TR, I'm going to re-play Soul Calibur II as all the other characters. Link was fun, but now it's time to try something new. This could be a way to breath new life into an old game. Let's all give up our favorite "crutch" characters whose move sets we've memorized. It's time to move into unfamiliar territory. This could be Lots of fun.

good idea. After I play through them with Sophitia, I'll then plan to branch out and try a bunch of other characters.
Return to Together Retro