Join in on our classic gaming club!
Opa Opa

Re: Together Retro: Super Monkey Ball

by Opa Opa Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:51 am

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:fuck this, I'm playing GAW.

it is not January, fucker.

sorry teach, rules ain't for me.

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Super Monkey Ball

by ExedExes Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Dragging this thread 6 months into the future --

I just went through the entire thing, and in retrospect, it sorta fell flat like Soul Calibur did early this year, but you can't pick all winners, right? (see also: Metal Black this month on TR shmup, sadly)

Anyways, I'm posting here because back in December I didn't think I'd finally get a Cube and get a chance to check these games out. I said games because I got them both for around $10 on Ebay (1st game is missing manual tho :evil:)

I can see why they both earned Player's Choice status -- they are simply FUN. I've only done the single player modes to unlock points so far :lol: I got Monkey Bowling and that makes the game for me right there. Freaking sweet! The Target game is also great, reminds me much of Pilotwings!!!!!! Hope to check the 2nd game out soon.

This game certainly has that Sega polish. AV also did the awesome Planet Harriers. I recognized the announcer too as one Brian Uhl, who was also featured in the AV-developed Dreamcast port of Daytona USA!

So yeah, great game, sweet launch title, and definitely party game potential here. Feel bad I couldn't join you originally, but I am now!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Return to Together Retro