Join in on our classic gaming club!
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38132
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by noiseredux Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:32 pm

was just playing the first game emulated on Dreamcast, but it froze during the fight against the chainsaw boss. :(
Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38132
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by noiseredux Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:16 pm

noiseredux wrote:was just playing the first game emulated on Dreamcast, but it froze during the fight against the chainsaw boss. :(


oh. So you can adjust the framerate on PCEcast. That helps. :lol:
Image
User avatar
god
64-bit
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Briz - Aus

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by god Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:43 am

I recently bought Splatterhouse 2 complete for the Mega Drive. It was the most expensive sega game I have bought so far. I sat down to play it and decided that it sucks. So slow, no depth to the game play, to me it seems like one of those games thats hard because your character moves like a felled tree and doesn't have any decent attacks. This could all be because I was playing a lot of Gunstar Heroes and Probotector.

I might give it another shot this month and I'll report back if I do.
Big Zenny Hustler
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38132
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by noiseredux Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:35 am

So apparently TG16 emulation on DC is less than perfect still. First I tried PCEcast, which is a pretty flexible emulator -- you can adjust frameskip and get Splatterhouse running at good speed, but the emulator is very unstable so it will freeze randomly. :( That wouldn't bother me so much if I could get the savestates to work. No clue why, but when I try to save my game, it just fails on me.

I then tried DreamEngine, which is just bad. No freezing issues I could see, but the game is emulated way too slow, there are graphical glitches where Rick actually disappears for a few seconds after being hit, and oh yeah -- no audio. :?

I'm gonna try emulating the MAME version tonight I think. But if I hit more snags, I'll just play the unlocked PS3 version instead haha. Really, I'm just using this as an excuse to test out my new 'Cast.
Image
Opa Opa
 

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by Opa Opa Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 am

any good psp emulation?
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38132
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by noiseredux Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 am

Opa Opa wrote:any good psp emulation?


yeah there's a really good TG16 emulator for PSP -- I'll check the name for you later.
Image
Opa Opa
 

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by Opa Opa Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:55 am

^Thanks.

This'll give me a chance to participate this month and this month looks like it will be really, really fun.

edit:
noiseredux wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:any good psp emulation?


yeah there's a really good TG16 emulator for PSP -- I'll check the name for you later.

I found one. No need to check. Google is your friend.
Time to play Splatterhouse! :twisted:
User avatar
TEKTORO
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2660
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Beyond Conscious

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by TEKTORO Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:29 pm

noiseredux wrote:So apparently TG16 emulation on DC is less than perfect still. First I tried PCEcast, which is a pretty flexible emulator -- you can adjust frameskip and get Splatterhouse running at good speed, but the emulator is very unstable so it will freeze randomly. :( That wouldn't bother me so much if I could get the savestates to work. No clue why, but when I try to save my game, it just fails on me.

I then tried DreamEngine, which is just bad. No freezing issues I could see, but the game is emulated way too slow, there are graphical glitches where Rick actually disappears for a few seconds after being hit, and oh yeah -- no audio. :?

I'm gonna try emulating the MAME version tonight I think. But if I hit more snags, I'll just play the unlocked PS3 version instead haha. Really, I'm just using this as an excuse to test out my new 'Cast.



Hows the 'Cast besides emulation problems?I ran only legit DC games on that system so hopefully you dont hold it to me :wink:

*SplatterHouse*
Im up to the boss fight where the whole room goes paranormal on my ass then I get whooped.Everytime I get alittle closer to beating it theres more stuff flying at me.The boss battles are fantastic in SH,some patience and practice everyone should love this game.Im try beat level 2 boss now yea!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38132
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by noiseredux Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:31 pm

TEKTORO wrote:Hows the 'Cast besides emulation problems?I ran only legit DC games on that system so hopefully you dont hold it to me :wink:


no way, it's just the emulator -- there's been no work done on that emulator in years. The DC you traded me is in great shape though. I'm loving it! :)

*SplatterHouse*
Im up to the boss fight where the whole room goes paranormal on my ass then I get whooped.Everytime I get alittle closer to beating it theres more stuff flying at me.The boss battles are fantastic in SH,some patience and practice everyone should love this game.Im try beat level 2 boss now yea!


oh that boss fight is super easy once you learn the patterns. The boss fight I find super hard is the chainsaw guy. He's a bastard even after you unload a full round of shotgun buckshot on him.
Image
User avatar
TEKTORO
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2660
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Beyond Conscious

Re: Together Retro: Splatterhouse

by TEKTORO Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:44 pm

noiseredux wrote:
TEKTORO wrote:Hows the 'Cast besides emulation problems?I ran only legit DC games on that system so hopefully you dont hold it to me :wink:


no way, it's just the emulator -- there's been no work done on that emulator in years. The DC you traded me is in great shape though. I'm loving it! :)

Good to hear DoggBro!

*SplatterHouse*
Im up to the boss fight where the whole room goes paranormal on my ass then I get whooped.Everytime I get alittle closer to beating it theres more stuff flying at me.The boss battles are fantastic in SH,some patience and practice everyone should love this game.Im try beat level 2 boss now yea!


oh that boss fight is super easy once you learn the patterns. The boss fight I find super hard is the chainsaw guy. He's a bastard even after you unload a full round of shotgun buckshot on him.


Yea I guess you right if you figure out the patterns,I just get nervous and the whole room shakes(playing this for the 1st time i didnt expect what the bosses would be like,I thought the giant flesh eating maggots where a bonus stage till I kept dying).Noise can you tuck me in tonight so the chainsaw guy doesnt get me :lol:
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Return to Together Retro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests