Together Retro: Rayman

Join in on our classic gaming club!
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Rayman

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I haven't officially started but playing around with the DSiWare version it seems perfect, and almost a bit better than the other versions. Rayman never had a great view distance but the map on the bottom screen makes up for that pretty well.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
scoopedLOL

Post by scoopedLOL »

Hello. New to together retro, so this will be my first game I play along with this group I suppose. Starting the PS1 version tonight.

\o/
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

Going to start playing through the PS1 version (bought it on PSN so I think I'll transfer it from my PS3 to PSP and play it on the go)
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

scoopedLOL wrote:Hello. New to together retro, so this will be my first game I play along with this group I suppose. Starting the PS1 version tonight.

\o/

Welcome to the forums :D
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

which one should i play. PS1 or Saturn? Saturn or PS1? .....i just want the Jaguar version. :?
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

sevin0seven wrote:which one should i play. PS1 or Saturn? Saturn or PS1? .....i just want the Jaguar version. :?

I'd play the Saturn version, its a bit better than the PS1 version from what I've heard.
yugge

Post by yugge »

Hey guys, first time joining in. Loved the concept of a gaming club!

I just got Rayman for the DSi which I will be playing on a 3DS (Finally a game for the system! :lol: ). I just wanted to say that it's a nice port and really is worth considering if you don't own a psp or gba and want it on a handheld. :)

Now since this is the first time for me, is there any set rules on discussion? Like, do we have set dates on which it's OK to discuss a certain part of the game? I'm guessing a lot of people play these games for the first time, so I don't want to go and spoil stuff just because I'm further ahead. :)
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:which one should i play. PS1 or Saturn? Saturn or PS1? .....i just want the Jaguar version. :?

I'd play the Saturn version, its a bit better than the PS1 version from what I've heard.

There are two main versions of Rayman. There's the Jaguar/Saturn version, and the PC/PS1 version. Gameplay-wise, the Jaguar/Staurn version is considered superior. The Jaguar version has quick loading times, because it's on a cartridge, but the Saturn version has better sound and music, because it's on a CD. Overall, I'd say the Saturn version is the best version of Rayman to play.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
scoopedLOL

Post by scoopedLOL »

Playstation it is unfortunately. Running it on ePSXe (if I can find it here) in a few moments.

Also, Ryantheslaya! How did you get your backloggery embedded in your sig?

Also, thanks for the welcome.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

pretty challenging little platformer I must say. I had a lot of trouble with that early level with the water rising for some reason. Now I'm in a scrolling boss battle with a big thorny bastard chasing me.