Together Retro: Zoop

Join in on our classic gaming club!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Zoop

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
Playing the PS1 version now. First try = 45,000

Also playing the PS1 version. Hooray longbox! First try = 51,200 (level 5 and about 7 minutes). Doesn't seem like a very good score. I am not sure if I can see myself playing this all month though unless we really get some competition going.

I tried looking for world records on Twin Galaxies but that site's layout is currently a mess. Anyone find anything? Can the game be beaten in any way?
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I'll see if I can pick up a copy of the game later today and take a crack at it.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
Playing the PS1 version now. First try = 45,000

Also playing the PS1 version. Hooray longbox! First try = 51,200 (level 5 and about 7 minutes). Doesn't seem like a very good score. I am not sure if I can see myself playing this all month though unless we really get some competition going.

I tried looking for world records on Twin Galaxies but that site's layout is currently a mess. Anyone find anything? Can the game be beaten in any way?

haven't looked yet. I feel the same way about it lasting all month. We'll see. Probably I'll play it in spurts throughout the month instead of sticking with it diligently.

Second try was 62,600.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

dsheinem wrote:I tried looking for world records on Twin Galaxies but that site's layout is currently a mess. Anyone find anything? Can the game be beaten in any way?

No high score has been submitted for Zoop for PS1 (NTSC) in Continual Mode.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I tried looking for world records on Twin Galaxies but that site's layout is currently a mess. Anyone find anything? Can the game be beaten in any way?

so maybe somebody will this month!
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

noiseredux wrote:
YoshiEgg25 wrote:

so maybe somebody will this month!

For the record, you have to be at Difficulty 0 and start at stage 1.

To find all the high scores, you have to be logged in (I have an account I made in December) and search from the Scoreboard link on the left sidebar.
Gaming accomplishments:

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:For the record, you have to be at Difficulty 0 and start at stage 1.

To find all the high scores, you have to be logged in (I have an account I made in December) and search from the Scoreboard link on the left sidebar.

to submit a score you also need to record it don't you?
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

noiseredux wrote:
YoshiEgg25 wrote:For the record, you have to be at Difficulty 0 and start at stage 1.

to submit a score you also need to record it don't you?

Yeah.

Twin Galaxies wrote:All scores and times submitted must be RECORDED IN FULL including footage of the console or arcade game's power-up and boot-up process. Scores may also be witnessed live by a Twin Galaxies referee.

Be sure to check the rules for the specific game title you are submitting for to see a list of any other information, such as game settings, that must be shown in your recording. All recorded arcade game submissions must include views of settings and internal hardware to be accepted.
All console and arcade recordings must begin prior to power-up. Make sure you have read the Scoreboard FAQ and Recording FAQ for help with any questions you may have before submitting your scores to Twin Galaxies.

If Submitting With Computer or Playback File: A portion of the submission form will prompt where to attach your zip file. If Submitting By Mail with DVD or Videotape: The name and mailing address of the appropriate Twin Galaxies Referee(s) to mail your scores to will be included in the confirmation email. Make sure your email address is correct and current!

I've looked a lot into this stuff since I have a bunch of Mario Kart DS world records that I want to get.
Gaming accomplishments:

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

alright bitches, if there's no high score logged then I might seriously consider going for it. I mean... why not? So DSH, if that's the serious competition you were looking for...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »