Together Retro: Dark Forces

Join in on our classic gaming club!
bladerunner
64-bit

Re: Together Retro: Dark Forces

Post by bladerunner »

The sequels are great. I was always partial to DF: JK though more than JKII. The FMV cutscenes in JK1 were awesome for the time. Not to mention it had the best story out of all the DF/JK games. I would love to see Kyle Katarn return again!
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

I have the CD version of this game! I will be loading it up tonight or tomorrow to try and get it to work. I just remember being a kid and becoming so frustrated with this game I just stopped playing. Maybe now that I'm older I can finally appreciate it.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Ok, so I just beat the first mission. And y'know what? I like it a lot. Now I liked the original Star Wars trilogy when I was little. But I am in NO WAY a Star Wars fan. To any degree. I mean, I like know the story of those three films. But the last time I saw one was when the first one was re-released in theaters and my dad wanted to see it. I haven't seen ANY of the new films either. Even if Natalie Portman is in them.

Having said all that, I was a bit meh about playing a Star Wars game all month. I was a lot more for playing Duke Nukem or some other FPS. But seriously this game seems badass. I can actually get pretty into it. So yeah. I'm looking forward to this month's TR after being a little worried.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Argg... I hate the controls for this game.
I have the steam version and the controls are horrible when you are used to modern games. Anyone have any suggestions as to adding functionality to the mouse. I know that ctrl-f1 gets DOSbox's keymapper but I don't think that allows mouse mapping.
Any suggestions.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

SpaceBooger wrote:Argg... I hate the controls for this game.
I have the steam version and the controls are horrible when you are used to modern games. Anyone have any suggestions as to adding functionality to the mouse. I know that ctrl-f1 gets DOSbox's keymapper but I don't think that allows mouse mapping.
Any suggestions.

can you use a controller instead of a mouse?

I'm having no issues with the PS1 controls. Maybe that's just me. I've never played the PC version.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

SpaceBooger wrote:Argg... I hate the controls for this game.
Any suggestions.

The mouse works by default in Steam and everything is auto-mapped to WASD, C for crouch, etc. I'm not sure what you mean...
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

I have the PSX, PC and Mac OS9 versions. One of the advantages of this old iMac G3, it supports both OSX and OS9. Not sure which would be the best to play though.

PC Controls, Joystick, Keyboard and Mouse:
Attachments
Dark Forces Keyboard.jpg
Dark Forces Keyboard.jpg (203.45 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Dark Forces Joystick - Mouse.jpg
Dark Forces Joystick - Mouse.jpg (199.61 KiB) Viewed 828 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

CRTGAMER wrote:I have the PSX, PC and Mac OS9 versions. One of the advantages of this old iMac G3, it supports both OSX and OS9. Not sure which would be the best to play though.

This is exactly why I hate PC games. That looks horrendous.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

alienjesus wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:I have the PSX, PC and Mac OS9 versions. One of the advantages of this old iMac G3, it supports both OSX and OS9. Not sure which would be the best to play though.

This is exactly why I hate PC games. That looks horrendous.
Any Robotron or Steel Battalion Player will feel at home. :lol:

Say, why did my previous Reply lose its signature?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

CRTGAMER wrote:Say, why did my previous Reply lose its signature?

You broke it. :P

You probably accidentally unchecked "Attach a signature" under the post.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)