Join in on our classic gaming club!
Hatta
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Dark Forces

by Hatta Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:52 am

I liked Jabba's level too, but it took me forever to beat. Even after beating the krell dragon, you've got to find your way through a hallway packed with the axe wielding pig things. That's what kept getting me.

After that level it was pretty much a breeze until the Arc Hammer, where I'm at now. I should have this finished up pretty soon.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:08 pm

added a post about my time (not) spent playing Dark Forces on my blog.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:27 pm

noiseredux wrote:added a post about my time (not) spent playing Dark Forces on my blog.

I started to read it but when I got a few sentences into it and realized how long the entry was and that I'd have to come back and finish it at a later time (and probably need to start over), I just decided to not bother. I did appreciate the excellent grammar and sentence structure, however.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:28 am

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:added a post about my time (not) spent playing Dark Forces on my blog.

I started to read it but when I got a few sentences into it and realized how long the entry was and that I'd have to come back and finish it at a later time (and probably need to start over), I just decided to not bother. I did appreciate the excellent grammar and sentence structure, however.

:|
Z-Gradt

by Z-Gradt Mon May 16, 2011 6:54 pm

I think this was the first game I ever pre-ordered. It came with a pewter stormtrooper statue. As for the game, it didn't really hold my attention for long.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 pm

dsheinem wrote:TL;DR. Nice sentence structure.

Haha that is such a teacher response, this should be written at the top in red ink.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
legato10
8-bit

by legato10 Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:20 am

I played this game on my original Pentium PC. You know, the ones that had a defect in them. Any way, I played the hell out of this game.

Thought I don't recall having a set amount of lives per level. If there were, I would just revert to a previous save. But, I actually don't recall needing to rely on saves with the exception of one enemy encounter: the dark troopers.

The unfinished ones are like a terminator and make a distinct sound to them that sounds sort of like a struggling washing machine.

The completed ones are a pain in the ass until you figure out how to exploit their weaknesses.
Return to Together Retro