Together Retro: Ultima IV

Join in on our classic gaming club!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Ultima IV

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Oh yeah.

Played this on PC back in the day via the Ultima Collection.

Gonna attempt the NES port this year.

The NES and SMS ports of this game are both high quality, not poopy like the Nintendo versions of V/VI/VII.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

oh man I forgot this was the November pick. AWESOME.
Ghudda
128-bit

Post by Ghudda »

Going to really try and get a copy of this game and participate this month. I've never played any of the Ultima series, which is probably a damn shame.
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

This is a good entry to start with.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ghudda wrote:Going to really try and get a copy of this game and participate this month. I've never played any of the Ultima series, which is probably a damn shame.

The article says this at the end, but Ultima IV is free on GOG.com if you have an account with them. There are several other free games as well, such as Beneath a Steel Sky, Teen Agent, Tyrian 2000, Ultima: Savage empire, and Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2.
Ghudda
128-bit

Post by Ghudda »

Ack wrote:
Ghudda wrote:Going to really try and get a copy of this game and participate this month. I've never played any of the Ultima series, which is probably a damn shame.

The article says this at the end, but Ultima IV is free on GOG.com if you have an account with them. There are several other free games as well, such as Beneath a Steel Sky, Teen Agent, Tyrian 2000, Ultima: Savage empire, and Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2.

Ffuu, thanks for pointing that out Ack, shows how much I was paying attention. I do have a Gog account and remember it auto redeeming some games when I first created it so i'll give those a download.

edit: Holy smokes. Love the bonus content section gog gives you at the download page. Map, manual, spellbook, and even an interview with Richard Garriott. I'm sold.
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

so apparently there was an iOS port...but it is now not available? Can anyone illuminate?
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I booted up the GOG version and immediately my eyeballs were like NOPE. Might mess with the NES version.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Hmmm... I think I'm going to have to carve out some time to try and make a playthrough of this. I've heard a lot of good things regarding how it improves on 3.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.