Join in on our classic gaming club!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Riviera The Promised Land

by alienjesus Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 am

My copy arrived this morning. I'll be starting Monday, after my deadlines for uni.

I can't wait!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:41 am

awesome man. I gotta get back on it. I took a few nights off from it.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:02 pm

I wanted to play this one, so I'll try to join up during the month. I may be able to start next week.
soul_hacker
64-bit

by soul_hacker Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:54 pm

I originally started playing this game months ago when I first picked this up, only got about four hours into it and never played it again. I restarted the game today and got to chapter two. I really like the story and the gameplay is a lot of fun, but the fact that weapons have a limited number of times that they can be used annoys me. I understand what they're doing, and it is interesting, but there are other ways to execute this. I'm still enjoying this the second time through the very beginning of the game though.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:58 pm

I'm around hour 7 right now, but I'm stuck on this one battle against The Accursed. I just don't know what to do. Ein's HP blows. It's like around 173 I think because of all those stupid ass treasure chest traps. And you have to bring him to battle. SO he dies fucking fast. Longbow doesn't work great against The Accursed so Lina's kind of out. Ciera's magic wand thingy broke. So I'm just kind of fucked.
Urban Champion-e
8-bit

by Urban Champion-e Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:40 am

Since I bought my copy used, I unfortunatly don't have the game manual. Well after doing some google searching I found the Atlus official site for the PSP version. Besides having wallpaper for the game, they have included a pdf of the game manual! woohoo! Although I'm playing the GBA version hopefully it'll be able to answer some of my questions.

Riviera PSP game manual pdf can be found at http://www.atlus.com/rivierapsp/RivieraThePromisedLand.pdf
Don't be jealous I'm 8-bit all you Next-Gens!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:52 am

Urban Champion-e wrote:Since I bought my copy used, I unfortunatly don't have the game manual. Well after doing some google searching I found the Atlus official site for the PSP version. Besides having wallpaper for the game, they have included a pdf of the game manual! woohoo! Although I'm playing the GBA version hopefully it'll be able to answer some of my questions.

Riviera PSP game manual pdf can be found at http://www.atlus.com/rivierapsp/RivieraThePromisedLand.pdf

woah thanks buddy! And I'm using one of the wallpapers as well. :) I actually change my wallpaper every month to be TR-related. It's sort of a tradition from last year.
Beak
64-bit

by Beak Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Ordering this on the GBA so I can join in!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Ok, so I tried this for a half an hour on PSP earlier today...found it so boring and convoluted that I actually fell asleep while playing! Does it get better anytime soon?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:54 pm

dsheinem wrote:Ok, so I tried this for a half an hour on PSP earlier today...found it so boring and convoluted that I actually fell asleep while playing! Does it get better anytime soon?

yes. 1/2 hour is nothing. Give it at least an hour to be fair D. Maybe it's just not yr cup of tea, but still AT LEAST an hour.

EDIT: I do kind of feel like you went into it expecting to not like it btw, which will make a difference...
Return to Together Retro