Together Retro: Riviera The Promised Land

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Riviera The Promised Land

Post by noiseredux »

Flake wrote:@Bastion

In my opinion, the game seems to really pick up at around the 5 hour mark (depending on how much you practice to bump up your skillset). I am actually very impressed with how the story is unfolding.

what part are you on Flake?
Flake

Post by Flake »

Just recruited Serene and finished the big plot related fight that followed her joining up. Thank golly I do not have to use Lina anymore. Annoying.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Flake wrote:Just recruited Serene and finished the big plot related fight that followed her joining up. Thank golly I do not have to use Lina anymore. Annoying.

she IS annoying, and I'd rather use Fia but Lina's overskill is amazing since it hits more than one target. So I'm still using her a lot. I just picked up Cierra though and put it down after she joined, so I have to level her up and figure out how she is. Serene is good though and has nice HP. My HP is lowered quite a bit sadly since I kept falling for trap treasure chests.
Bastion
8-bit

Post by Bastion »

I'll definitely keep at it for awhile then. How long is the game?
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I had the game run anywhere from 35 to 40 hours (played it 3 times).

If your a fan of this game you should get the other two Dept. Heaven games as well. Funny that I think about it, all three games I own for the Nintendo Handhelds and re-purchased them again for the PSP.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I got really tangled in that Summer/Winter/Spring/Fall puzzle in the woods last night. :x
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

noiseredux wrote:I got really tangled in that Summer/Winter/Spring/Fall puzzle in the woods last night. :x

Ugh, I remember that. All of my hate.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
Japairish

Post by Japairish »

I am nervous about this game for its heavy anime influence. It does sound interesting with the limitations, but sometimes that can challenging and fun. I think I may give this a try.

[Edit]
I decided to download this last night and have played a little this morning. I can already tell that this game is going to take some willpower and support to get through. At least I was able to choose Japanese as the voice acting, that was a huge + so far in my book.

O, and I am playing the PSP version :)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Unfortunately my game hasn't shown up yet, but hopefully it will soon, because I'm keen to join in already.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

noiseredux wrote:I'm over 5 hrs now. Cierra just joined my party.

I'm pretty much at the same point. I'm really enjoying this game so far but I despise the limited inventory. I feel like I'm always throwing away items I'll need later. Does anyone know if there is a way to combine like items?

I think I'm going to use Cierra and the Serene for awhile.

Just out of curiousity is anyone going for a response from a certain character? I don't want to end up with the very strange Lina.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.