Together Retro: Riviera The Promised Land

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Riviera The Promised Land

Post by noiseredux »

alienjesus wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I'm at the 2nd Accursed now (Archangel)... wtf?

I thought the Archangel was the third accursed. Tip - Lightning resistance really helps. Serene and Ein died in one Max attack from the archangel for me, I ended up fighting half the battle with just Fia.

was she the third?? Good! That makes me feel better. She was tough!!!! Amazingly, I won the last half of the battle with just Lina... I found that arrows and claws were my best bet.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:
alienjesus wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I'm at the 2nd Accursed now (Archangel)... wtf?

I thought the Archangel was the third accursed. Tip - Lightning resistance really helps. Serene and Ein died in one Max attack from the archangel for me, I ended up fighting half the battle with just Fia.

was she the third?? Good! That makes me feel better. She was tough!!!! Amazingly, I won the last half of the battle with just Lina... I found that arrows and claws were my best bet.

Pretty sure she was 3rd. I foudn the 4th one to be easier than her too.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

14 hrs, starting Chapter 5.
geozeldadude
32-bit

Post by geozeldadude »

one thing i meant to mention is how incredibly small the font is on the GBA. or is it just me w/ my old eyes?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

geozeldadude wrote:one thing i meant to mention is how incredibly small the font is on the GBA. or is it just me w/ my old eyes?

it is pretty small mang.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:
geozeldadude wrote:one thing i meant to mention is how incredibly small the font is on the GBA. or is it just me w/ my old eyes?

it is pretty small mang.

I never noticed. Perhaps you are both old. :lol:
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Ok, I liked this game enough that I used my last Goozex points (now Im done with that site) to get a real copy.
So once my real copy arrives I will start playing again and I will probably play more since the game crawwwwwwled super slow on my SuperCard.

I will rejoin the conversation sometime next week!
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

um Red Alter wants an Ankh? I don't have any? Something about draining the lake? I don't know how to proceed.
geozeldadude
32-bit

Post by geozeldadude »

noiseredux wrote:um Red Alter wants an Ankh? I don't have any? Something about draining the lake? I don't know how to proceed.

ugh. that section was annoying. you have to find all the ankhs by battling the spirits or whatever that appear by the gravestones.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I defeated the Chapter 4 Boss in like 3 turns... Did you guys having trouble not check the resistances or something? I used 1x one of those special items that has few uses which took a big chunk of HP, and then finished with overskill level 3 from one of the girl - the weapon-type that is good against fliers. Took a HUGE chunk of the HP.

Ivo.