Together Retro: Ecco The Dolphin

Join in on our classic gaming club!
avrame
128-bit

Re: Together Retro: Ecco The Dolphin

Post by avrame »

You know what? I'm game. I've played this game countless times, but never beat it. Time for my first 'Together Retro' :P
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I started a day early (ooops) and this shit is HARD.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

I'll join in as I have it on the Mega Collection :)
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

Post by FiftyDollarCurse »

I'll play it, but it's going to have to be heavily Game Genie'd as I can't play it for more than an hour or two before giving up for the 348th time.

I do think it's a beautiful game however, and as a child I'd play the intro over and over again just because I was so impressed the graphical polish and general uniqueness.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I'd join, but I beat the mega drive version last month (PAL, so identical to the Genesis version). If anyone needs any help on a level just ask and I'll see what I can remember.

BTW, just a few facts for people: The sega CD version has some extra levels, but also allows you to continue from the last glyph you touched, whereas death in the mega drive version means restarting a level, which on some levels is painful. The japanese Mega drive version also has this feature, plus an extra sub level that you do if the final boss kills you, rather than having to do the HORRENDOUS second to last level over again.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

I'd join, but I beat the mega drive version last month (PAL, so identical to the Genesis version). If anyone needs any help on a level just ask and I'll see what I can remember.

The PAL version runs slower than the Genesis version (Unless your running a 60hz modded console) making the game quite a bit easier.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

only on the hard water and dark water levels, and then not much, because ecco moves slower too XD. I imagine the timing is slightly easier though
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

alienjesus wrote:only on the hard water and dark water levels, and then not much, because ecco moves slower too XD. I imagine the timing is slightly easier though

The game itself will be running 17% slower than its NTSC counterpart, unless it is PAL optimized which I have never seen a MD game be (Even the Sonic series run slow). Making the game quite a bit easier.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Not a fan. I'll be sitting this one out.