Together Retro: X-COM: UFO Defense

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: X-COM: UFO Defense

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
You win! That's exactly what I've been playing. And I LOVE it! Reminds me so much of Terror From The Deep. It's awesome.

I should win! I guessed this back on page 1!

Holy crap, you did! Haha. I missed it back then. :oops: I had been totally waiting to see who would be the first to guess it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fast, the article is great. I had no idea that Rebelstar was a series first actually. I only knew the GBA game as a "spiritual sequel" to XCOM by the XCOM team.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Where did you guys find the chibi X-COM art? It's adorable!
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

Post by Pabstblueribbon »

dang it, i have this game on a PC gamer disk with a bunch of other old dos games and i cant find it. the article reaaaally made me want to play it again too. damnit.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I have loaded this game on my computer, but I don't know how to do anything besides look at the globe. I've yet to figure out how to get into any action.

Anyone have a copy of the manual they can point me to?
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
nutbar
8-bit

Post by nutbar »

J T wrote:Anyone have a copy of the manual they can point me to?

The Steam version manual (apparently the same as the DOS version) is available for download at the Steam store. You don't have to buy the game to download the PDF manual. Scroll down to "Game Details" on the right and you'll see it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

J T wrote:I have loaded this game on my computer, but I don't know how to do anything besides look at the globe. I've yet to figure out how to get into any action.

if you read the article on the front page of Racketboy, there's a PDF of the manual. :wink:
DerekG52
32-bit

Post by DerekG52 »

noiseredux wrote:
J T wrote:I have loaded this game on my computer, but I don't know how to do anything besides look at the globe. I've yet to figure out how to get into any action.

if you read the article on the front page of Racketboy, there's a PDF of the manual. :wink:

I hadn't read the manual either before playing, first thing I thought was wow this is what a manual should look like - 134 pages of glory.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

i know it's not totally on topic, but has anyone else played Rebelstar Tactical Command? Shits' hard! But it's awesome. I love it. I spent like 3 days on Mission 9 alone. Thank God for being able to save mid-battle! But it's great... I mean I would catch myself driving and thinking "okay, THIS is how I'm gonna try to attack that part next time I play!" Y'know? I love that kind of thing, so I really didn't mind spending a lot of time playing/re-playing a single mission. When I finally killed the last 2 aliens that were barracading themselves for protection it felt great.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Im trying to finish up Advance Wars and Nectaris (PC version) before I really start on Xcom. I remember last time I played it I went through like 300 ensigns. My people do not believe n tactics...