Together Retro: Contra

Join in on our classic gaming club!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Together Retro: Contra

Post by fastbilly1 »

The article should be up in the next 24-48 hours. But the question for everyone is how far can you make it on one life? My record was two full runs. Which I thought was good until I met someone who could do it many more times than that. On my last run I made it to Hangar before I died - miss read those stupid arms.
Big Stupid
8-bit

Re: Together Retro: Contra

Post by Big Stupid »

I can make it past the first level. I always end up typing in the Konami code.
"Let me take you home, kid"
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I remember beating this game on one credit once. Let's see if I can do it again. :D
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Playing on my modded wii emulator has got me ready for a solid run during together retro. I can beat the game in 2 credits or so right now 8)
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Contra was a gaming staple back in the day. However, as I don't have a NES anymore, I will be playing the two original Game Boy games instead; Operation C, which I had when it was originally released for Game Boy and Contra: The Alien Wars which is a quasi-port of Contra III that was later re-made for GBA.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

I can go through the game without losing any lives until meeting this bastard:

It's a classic game, but I always thought it was a pretty easy game to master. But, I'll probably play it tonight for the fun of it.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

So, is this only the original? I might join in with the Super Nintendo contra (or, as the case is for me, Probotector ¬_¬)

Level 3 on that game slaughters me. stupid boss rush.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Though my version is Probotector, I suck hard, I can never get even half way through the first level without losing a life. Its a great game, but not one im very skilled at (I never had the game growing up).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so I've been playing Operation C (GB) which I had when it first came out, but really haven't played in over a decade. It's a great game. Almost on par with the NES original. And really impressive for such an early GB release. The levels are complex (some are classic Contra side-scrollers, others are overhead Ikari Warriors style) with diverse terrain for such a small cart (no saves!). The game starts easy, but gets rapidly harder. Though, it can be argued that the Homing Missile gun can keep you going for a long-ass time if you know how to use it (and not get hit). There are apparently two variations of the Konami code that do different beneficial things. Though I haven't resorted to that yet. Nor will for at least a week. Maybe two before I move on to The Alien Wars.
fast
Next-Gen

Post by fast »

Ok there was some sort of mixup between mine and Rackets emails. The post should be up eventually.