Join in on our classic gaming club!
racketboy
Site Admin

Together Retro: Wizard of Wor

by racketboy Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:53 pm

We have a double-feature this month:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/together ... sh-tv.html

Share your thoughts on Wizard of Wor here!
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Wizard of Wor

by GSZX1337 Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:01 am

Here's Classic Game Room's reviews of the various Wizard of Wor ports:
PSP port
Atari 2600 port
Atari 5200 port
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:34 am

so far, I'm not loving this one.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:55 pm

I'm playing through it right now, and I have to say that you definitely need a second player that can help you. Communication is incredibly important. If you don't talk to your team mate, you might just get shot by them more so than the enemy. I thought it was a brilliant idea in nature that doesn't totally hold up against the test of time. Thinking about when it came out though, in comparison to a lot of the older arcade games, this is an awesome game.

I am still having fun with the game, but there is not that level of envrionment and detail that I have grown so accustomed to (which is why I am preferring Smash TV over this).

Once again though, there is that theme of co-operative competition that exists. Do you play as a partner, or an enemy to the other player and steal the rewards for yourself. That sort of thing makes this a necessity for multi-player bouts, but is not nearly as fun by yourself.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
HOW
8-bit

by HOW Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:24 am

Hi All,

Played a few goes on MAME the other day, & was impressed at the general look of the game for its age - Nice clean design.

Agree with others that it probably suffers more for lack on 2P than smash TV that I'm also enjoying. Think I'm liking Smash more as I remember playing it back in the UK in my local arcade circa 91/92 - Good memories come flooding back at the cheesy host and his quips :D

Will continue with Wizard and update you on progress soon....'Good Luck.......You'll Need It!' :mrgreen:
RetroLeague A great UK-Based Retro gaming competition with weekly games on various platforms via emulation.
http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/index/

Retro Gaming RoundUp
A new-ish Retro Gaming podcast with an eye-watering 5 hours plus of content per month. News, Reviews, Top-10s, etc - Also has a bit on Pinball which cant be bad.
http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:04 am

Check out the new podcast for some tips on this game. In addition, one of my guests (Doug Lowry) just left some additional help in the Podcast forum - be sure to check it out to start racking up the points!
Return to Together Retro